Trout fishing at Blue river wma this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bchance

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn't be tough at all if one has experience fishing the narrow streams in Colorado or New Mexico that are heavily brushed in. Like you said, a roll cast using a 7.5' 3wt is the rod to use in those tight quarters. Accuracy is a must.

Grew up fishing Cimarron Canyon, Eagles Nest and Red River area in NM. Nothing like lots of trees and the tranquility of the water flowing through them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grew up fishing Cimarron Canyon, Eagles Nest and Red River area in NM. Nothing like lots of trees and the tranquility of the water flowing through them.
Some of the very streams I've been on last summer as well as the Rio Los Pinos. Conejoes, Little Beaver and the Rio Grand around Creede in Colorado.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

Settled_Nomad

"Be Curious, Not Judgmental." -- Ted Lasso
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to live in Ada (class of 83). When we were younger, the church elders took us to Blue River for a day of fishing/picnicking and fellowship. Good times. I remember the bites were good at early morning, and again near sunset. Go again, it's not that far of a drive from Ada to BR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom