Trout Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A former athlete I coached in the late 70s invited me go trout fishing with him in Oswego,Ks!!!!! Yes Oswego,Ks. That state has taken over a number of old strip pits and stocked them with trout. The one we fished was65 ft deep and was probably 60 or so acres. The water was so clear you cold see the trout bite your bait! We cought probably 20-25 in aperiod of 2+ hrs. Only could keep 10 total but wow what a hoot!! Power bait was the food of the day for us but another man was using corn wit wit good success We saw 2 swimming in the area that were at least 20 inches long too. So a 1.25 hr drive from Oologah proved to be a heck of a day!! You must purchase a one day fishing license of course! Impt too as rangers were around and make NO exceptions I was told. Tommy told me there other pits in the area that have cabins to rent !!!!!! All the pits have boat ramps too.The state had built a very nice walk out dock to fish from but we fished from the bank. It was a nice day all around,as 2 friends cought up and he a great time fishing too!!
I've ridden ATC's all over those stip pit tailings back in the day. Good to hear they have got some fishing going in there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom