Truck Bed Liners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Line-X is best and worth the extra. It is a "hot" process and the others aren't.

I guess it really depends, no argument from me that it is a good product, whether it is worth the extra depends on the use case.

The only liner I have damaged is Line-X, to be fair what I did probably would have damaged any other liner too. To me it looked like crap after it was repaired, not that it really mattered, it was a truck bed.

For the normal truck person any of them are fine IMO they are all pretty tough. Plenty tough for the occasional lumber, bags of mulch, etc that will be hauled there. So IMO if you are not hauling engine blocks(how I damaged Line-X) there really isn't any justification for the additional cost.

I think the $$'s saved on the liner would be well spent on a bed cover.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Line-X liner installed in my 2004 Dodge Ram that I had until a couple of years ago. I'm not a "hard workin' country boy" or anything like that, but I put that bed through some rough times and the only problem I had was when I dropped a motorcycle on the tailgate as I was rolling it out of the bed. Took about a 1/4" nick out of the liner. Never messed with getting it fixed and never had any problem with the rest of the liner delaminating.

One suggestion that I'd make if you go with Line-X, they insist on installing a logo on your vehicle as "proof of purchase" for warranty coverage. I didn't want to advertise for them, but I wanted the warranty, so I had them install the badge on the bed BEFORE they sprayed it. That way they still had their proof of purchase, but I didn't have their bright yellow advertisement on my truck.

I think the $$'s saved on the liner would be well spent on a bed cover.

I know it's just an opinion, but I HATE bed covers. Especially hard covers. They dramatically reduce the usefulness of a truck bed to me. If I were to have a bed cover on a truck, it would have to be one of the retractable hard cover ones, but HOOBOY are those things pricey.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's just an opinion, but I HATE bed covers. Especially hard covers. They dramatically reduce the usefulness of a truck bed to me. If I were to have a bed cover on a truck, it would have to be one of the retractable hard cover ones, but HOOBOY are those things pricey.

Not a fan of hard covers either, Dad had one, we were always taking it off, and putting it back on. I do love my retractable cover, worth every penny IMO.

A lot of folks like the hard folding covers though, much better price point, and still very functional.

One of my trucks I skipped the liner altogether, bought the factory rubber mat instead, it's tougher than any spray in bedliner. The mat worked fine, I did bang the wheel wells in that bed up a bit, decided I would bedliner all of my future trucks. The lack of bedliner and banged up wheel wells didn't make a $'s worth of difference in what I got out of that truck when I sold it though, the cover did.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a drop in liner drive out I 40 a ways and you'll probably find one :laugh6:. I have a hard cover on my GMC and hate it, like several folks said you can't haul a darn thing in it. Have the factory spray in liner and its durable but slick as all get out

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely spray in... When you shop around, they all offer a lifetime warranty, but there's only one company I can think of that has stood the test of time... Line-X.

Did the DIY once. Dupont or herculiner, something like that. Wasn't super tough, but was easy to patch. Prep was a bear though. So much scuffing.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Had a buddy that had a Gatorhyde business. Ran it out of his barn. I helped him do a few including my truck, my sons truck and a couple friends. He A truckdriver now and I wish I had bought his equipment. It was just a graco spray rig running off a mixing pot. The pot was heated and kept the poly stirred. Nice setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom