Truck Damage at Dealership (Service Department)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my truck back to day from Riverside Ford here in Tulsa. I had to get service work done on the sunroof. When I got the truck home, I noticed a huge ding in the driver door. I know it was not there prior to me taking the truck in (four days ago). I also know there is no way I can prove it, its just frustrating that they have these kids moving vehicles around and I am sure they could care less if they slam a door into another truck.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my truck are likely to have had dings. They all sit out in the weather, so hail damage is always a possibility.

Now, I guess the question would be, "How huge is the ding in the door?" I've had cattle back into some of my trucks in the past.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my truck back to day from Riverside Ford here in Tulsa. I had to get service work done on the sunroof. When I got the truck home, I noticed a huge ding in the driver door. I know it was not there prior to me taking the truck in (four days ago). I also know there is no way I can prove it, its just frustrating that they have these kids moving vehicles around and I am sure they could care less if they slam a door into another truck.
When I got away from dealership work about 10 or so years ago security cameras were just working their way in. I would wager just about every square inch of them is today similar to retail stores for the usual variety of reasons.
You never know what a simple call could do. They could run something like that through their body shop about as fast as you can make an empty mag bounce off the ground.
They’ll write it off to advertising and you’ll be back here extolling their service.
Or you might get handed a sandbag.
The old 2 sides to the coin thing.
Besides, a call is way cheaper than gas these days.
Hope it works out!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Decades ago when I had my own little 2 bay shop off Shields people would bring their cars in for many issues.

I would do a full inspection and make sure all ac and heat worked and note all dings and even doors that would not shut or unlock and windows that worked or did not work.
All lights blinkers and horn and basically everything.

Owner would be right there beside me.
I started doing that after I did a brake job on a car and the owner came back and said I messed up their AC.
How in the world does changing brake components mess up an AC system.

C.Y.A.

Works for the mechanic and can work for the owner.
Live and learn.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn’t just shrug it off. I’d either…….
A: Go in their slingin **** mad and threaten to whip everybody’s ass until my truck was fixed or……
2: Go in and visit with them politely and if I didn’t get what I wanted then try option A.
You really can’t try option 2 after you try option A so…..yeah that’s what I’d do.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and hey cow dents come with my job. I bet an insurance company would total every rig on this place based on cow dents. Well, really it’s the bull dents that are total worthy. Them fighting somitches like to bring the snot slingin right to the truck. Anyhow it doesn’t sound like the op has a bovine damage issue. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom