Truck Damage at Dealership (Service Department)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that were the case, then perhaps the employee should not be allowed to yak-yak-yak on the cell phone will getting in/out of other‘s vehicles. Perhaps they should not be allowed to yak-yak-yak on their cell phones while on the clock.
Again,
I took my vehicle to a SERVICE Department. Is it too much to expect to have good service and receive my vehicle in better shape than when I left it?
I agree with you.
I'm just saying that cell phone addicts (who should be working, when they're supposed to be working) can be pretty clueless.
The guilty party may not have even noticed they did anything wrong - and I'm not defending such behavior.
I knew an old gentlemen who hated distracted t-e-x-t-e-r-s with a passion. He would rail against them saying: "Just peck, peck, peck on the cell phone. Bunch of peckers, is what they are!"

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what ;you mean about the bad service. I call customers with every update that I
get on there vehicle. I know sometimes I have not called them back fast enough, lol
and they call me. If I am not there or unable to take there call, I always call back in
a timely manner. In the event, because I am a human and have a scatter brain at times
that I do not return there call, I own it, and apoligize to them. I would for tell you to
call them, and conversation with them about the damage. It would not hurt to see what
they say. They make some meet in the middle offer, which is better than nothing. I have
done stuff like that with good customers. They will have a certain amount of leway
every month of stuff like that, and probably has somebody that will cut them a deal
to fix that damage. There goal should be to help the customer, and try as hard as they
can to make things right with the customer. If they are not willing to at least offer some
sort solution, repair it, or help repair, free oil change or something, I would never go back
to there again

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree. I would say the email should be polite but firm instead of strong worded as I feel like they would be more responsive to it and it would appeal to a wider variety of personality types. Best of luck to ya

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to update here. The dealership did make it right. I had left a message for the service manager and he did call me back. I brought the truck in this week for the paintless repair. The ding came out pretty well, not perfect, but not near as noticeable as before. He asked if I wanted more to be done, but I stated I was ok with it and thanked him for taking care of it. He also offered me some free oil changes.
He treated me fairly and honestly. I appreciate it and will continue using their service department as needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom