Truck Damage at Dealership (Service Department)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and hey cow dents come with my job. I bet an insurance company would total every rig on this place based on cow dents. Well, really it’s the bull dents that are total worthy. Them fighting somitches like to bring the snot slingin right to the truck. Anyhow it doesn’t sound like the op has a bovine damage issue. Lol
Yep. Trucker unloaded a load of bulls at a rather large Osage Country ranch I have permission to fish in the ponds. Waited until he got done and left.
They just stood there in a group, never moving. Finally decided to push through them like you do cows.
Did just fine until the last bull and he took offense to my presence. Took out the headlight ring and crumpled the fender around it slightly. It wasn't that bad, so left it until it got sold.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my truck back to day from Riverside Ford here in Tulsa. I had to get service work done on the sunroof. When I got the truck home, I noticed a huge ding in the driver door. I know it was not there prior to me taking the truck in (four days ago). I also know there is no way I can prove it, its just frustrating that they have these kids moving vehicles around and I am sure they could care less if they slam a door into another truck.
That's why one does a walk-around with dealer/rental agent at drop-off/pick-up, pics of any damage, recording agent agreeing no/specific damage. Expensive little lesson for you, but might save bigger costs down the road.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1655524067155.jpeg

McAlester Oklahoma

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a service manager at big truck shop. I do a walk around with the customer, annotate any
damage on our intake form, and then driver/owner has to sign intake form. I know damage
happens, but you would not believe the bogus claims we get about damage. I took in a truck
a couple months ago, the unit had a hole in the front bumper. I took a picture of the hole, with
the driver present. Then had the driver sign the intake form with the damage annotated. The
truck owner swears the damage was not there when the truck was dropped off. I showed him
the picture with the date and time, he said that was a fake. He has now threatened to hire a
lawyer, and make us buy him a new $6500 herd bumper. All I can say to him is good luck. I
would call the dealership though, if they care about there customers, they should make an offer
to make it right. Best of luck

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the next step would be to video the vehicle with the owner/customer present. There will always be those who try to take advantage of someone else.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I am not trying to get anything back from Ford. As stated in original post, I know it can’t be proven and yes, I am sure they get many bogus claims.
My OP was just basically me venting. It is very frustrating to me that this happened. This truck has power running boards and I always leave them in the “out” position when I park anywhere that there might be another car parked beside me in attempt to try and avoid getting doors hitting my truck.
I guess my main point is, Customer Service is not what it used to be or should be. I would assume this happened by one of the guys moving cars and I am sure he knew it happened. This employee should have mentioned to his manager, not simply ignored it.
There are other things with the service that has me annoyed such as me having to call them multiple times to get an update on the status of my vehicle instead of them contacting me. Not just that, but always having to leave a message and not getting any response for hours and having to call again.
-rant over.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I am not trying to get anything back from Ford. As stated in original post, I know it can’t be proven and yes, I am sure they get many bogus claims.
My OP was just basically me venting. It is very frustrating to me that this happened. This truck has power running boards and I always leave them in the “out” position when I park anywhere that there might be another car parked beside me in attempt to try and avoid getting doors hitting my truck.
I guess my main point is, Customer Service is not what it used to be or should be. I would assume this happened by one of the guys moving cars and I am sure he knew it happened. This employee should have mentioned to his manager, not simply ignored it.
There are other things with the service that has me annoyed such as me having to call them multiple times to get an update on the status of my vehicle instead of them contacting me. Not just that, but always having to leave a message and not getting any response for hours and having to call again.
-rant over.
To play the devil's advocate, if the employee was yak-yak-yak on the cell phone, or texting (which shouldn't have been happening), then the person might have been clueless enough not to notice.
Just from watching others, people using their cell phones do not multi task driving an automobile nearly as well as they think.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To play the devil's advocate, if the employee was yak-yak-yak on the cell phone, or texting (which shouldn't have been happening), then the person might have been clueless enough not to notice.
Just from watching others, people using their cell phones do not multi task driving an automobile nearly as well as they think.
If that were the case, then perhaps the employee should not be allowed to yak-yak-yak on the cell phone will getting in/out of other‘s vehicles. Perhaps they should not be allowed to yak-yak-yak on their cell phones while on the clock.
Again,
I took my vehicle to a SERVICE Department. Is it too much to expect to have good service and receive my vehicle in better shape than when I left it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom