Truck drives through tornado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tornado of 99

an old man in Mulhall who taught me and my brothers how to trim and shoe horses lived next to the water tower, he used to say if that water tower ever falls it will fall in my backyard, the old man passed away in about 1985 but his wife still lived in the house, in 1999 the tornado was headed towards Mulhall her family tried to get her to shelter but she refused to leave her house, she laid in bed and put a pillow over her head the tornado knocked the water tower over right into her back yard washed her house completely off the foundation and flushed her out the front door, she was unharmed. the water line could be seen inside the house about 1 foot from the ceiling.

the story & pictures are on the internet somewhere

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tornado of 99

an old man in Mulhall who taught me and my brothers how to trim and shoe horses lived next to the water tower, he used to say if that water tower ever falls it will fall in my backyard, the old man passed away in about 1985 but his wife still lived in the house, in 1999 the tornado was headed towards Mulhall her family tried to get her to shelter but she refused to leave her house, she laid in bed and put a pillow over her head the tornado knocked the water tower over right into her back yard washed her house completely off the foundation and flushed her out the front door, she was unharmed. the water line could be seen inside the house about 1 foot from the ceiling.

the story & pictures are on the internet somewhere
Was the water line a foot from the ceiling in the house or the cellar?
https://www.news9.com/story/5e35b72...all-residents-remember-twister-a-decade-later

Latest posts

Top Bottom