Truck drives through tornado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did that in a 68 Opel Kadette Rally back when I was in college. Drive into a bad thunderstorm in the Wichita Mts. Then like driving into the eye of a hurricane, sky was clear, wind was calm. Told my wife, “Wow, look at that big dust devil”. I drove through it as it crossed the road. Tossed us around a bit, then I was through it. I don’t know if God looks after idiots all the time, but he did that day. Must have been an EF0 or less, although it did do some damage to some boathouses at Robertsons Landing.
I used to have a video that I took with my phone while sitting on a Ford 8N in the middle of a dust devil, which I jokingly called an "EF -1 tornado." Sitting there watching the hay swirl around me, I was simultaneously thinking "this is neat" and "that damn thing is tearing up my windrows!"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a video that I took with my phone while sitting on a Ford 8N in the middle of a dust devil, which I jokingly called an "EF -1 tornado." Sitting there watching the hay swirl around me, I was simultaneously thinking "this is neat" and "that damn thing is tearing up my windrows!"
We used to run into dust devils when a kid. Pretty easy to determine it wasn't a tornado.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chevy, before Obama rebuilt it would have done exactly that. This is 2022 and Chevy isn't even the same company now. If you don't believe me, just some of the lucky customers who got their warranties cancelled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom