Trump admits he is taking hydroxichloroquine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t doubt it.

My point was that presidential protective measures are usually treated as closely guarded information. So is personal healthcare information. I don’t see why he needed to release this information.

This is one of those times that Trump opened his mouth about something that will expose him to attacks (whether the attacks are justified or not) and then he’ll complain about being attacked.
Yes, you are dead on accurate.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t doubt it.

My point was that presidential protective measures are usually treated as closely guarded information. So is personal healthcare information. I don’t see why he needed to release this information.

This is one of those times that Trump opened his mouth about something that will expose him to attacks (whether the attacks are justified or not) and then he’ll complain about being attacked.

Could it be that he did it on purpose to get them to show their a$$?

And some see "complaining" when he's just pointing out their hypocritical shenanigans. I will concede that Trump can come across that way at times for sure. But he does these things to play them and they can't just help themselves, they fall for it every time. Do a google search and see how many hits there are on him taking it and then read the headlines on all of them. If it were Hillary as .prez and she announced she was taking it they would be all like "OH THANK GOD!"

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Proof that he doesn’t lie all the time. He’s a wishful thinker who believes his own ********. I’m not saying anything against him.
He’s also taking an antibiotic against the advice of his doctor.
The Sioux would name him Graspes At Straws.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no shortage of it now.

It's also not a magic bullet for CV. Plenty of people take it and still have serious illness - including several of my patients. It didn't 'cure' them, certainly not in a matter of hours. Maybe some people have had some cases like that... but I've not seen or heard of it, and I've actually treated people WITH this illness, firsthand, WITH these drugs, firsthand. We've still had plenty die while being treated with it, right here in my community and my clinic. Can it help? I dunno, maybe. It was worth a try, but in my personal experience, it's not some miracle cure, and I can't even say for sure it really does anything.
But isn't that any drug? It works for some people and not others. There are 142 different drugs used to treat pneumonia, a Z-pac didn't work how about some amoxicillin.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
But isn't that any drug? It works for some people and not others. There are 142 different drugs used to treat pneumonia, a Z-pac didn't work how about some amoxicillin.

Absolutely. I'm just trying to put some perspective on the reports of people turning around with this drug 'in a matter of hours'. It is NOT the magic bullet, and it may not work at all. We don't really KNOW.

In fact, the hospitalists at our local facility from what I have been told don't seem to believe it is particularly helpful, but that is secondhand information.

As with most things, the hype is usually overblown (not saying wrong, just overblown) - from either direction.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a medical issue that needs to be resolved by medical researchers and practitioners, not by reporters.
I've seen articles claiming it does not work at all and others claiming it is a miracle cure. You cannot educate yourself on this by reading what journalists write to grab your attention.
One other thing to keep in mind - it could well matter how soon people begin taking it: as a preventative before any infection, as soon as symptoms of infection are experienced or when the disease is quite advanced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom