Trump admits he is taking hydroxichloroquine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recognize the science of a prophylactic treatment...but this drug is in high demand and people who are actually sick are having a hard time getting it. So prophylactic treatments should be low priority.

Granted, POTUS rates premium medical care but he’ll have to sell that to people with Lupus trying to fill their next prescription. As usual, he’s created a situation for his PR folks to fix lol.
My wife has lupus and has to take it. So far she hasn’t had any issues. Hopefully she don’t. There ain’t no reason Trump should be taking it. He should have never even opened his mouth about it.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has lupus and has to take it. So far she hasn’t had any issues. Hopefully she don’t. There ain’t no reason Trump should be taking it. He should have never even opened his mouth about it.
Actually he said today that he would take it through Friday, which would be 14 days after his valet was diagnosed with it. So definitely he took it in reaction to that.

Last edited:

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. I'm just trying to put some perspective on the reports of people turning around with this drug 'in a matter of hours'. It is NOT the magic bullet, and it may not work at all. We don't really KNOW.

In fact, the hospitalists at our local facility from what I have been told don't seem to believe it is particularly helpful, but that is secondhand information.

As with most things, the hype is usually overblown (not saying wrong, just overblown) - from either direction.
They say it works if you take it early and doesn't work well once you are in really bad shape. I would take if I had the virus and nothing else was available as long as I could tolerate it. It would be better than dying from the virus. I would also want the z-pac and would take zinc with it as that's supposed to be the magic formula. Vitamin D3 is now getting attention as a prophylactic since most older people are deficient in it. By the time they figure this virus out it will probably mutate and back to square one.

I took a combination of chloroquine and primaquine in Vietnam during the war and I tolerated it OK then, but that was way back when.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If President Trump said he drank water the mockingbird media would turn it negative.

Years ago, I was reading an article in National Geographic that was totally related to water. In it there was a blurb that stated something along this line: "Water is a universal solvent, which is why after a period of time, drinking glasses become brittle and shatter."

I used to use that line all the time to tell people why I avoided drinking water.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Brits are stocking up on hydroxychloroquine....One more indication that it has real potential
Hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malarial drug being taken by Donald Trump as an unproven protection against coronavirus, is being bought in bulk by the UK in case it does turn out to be an effective Covid-19 treatment.

Ministers are seeking 16m tablets in packets of up to 100 as part of a £35m contract put out to tender on Friday.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/19/uk-to-test-hydroxychloroqine-as-coronavirus-treatment

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago, I was reading an article in National Geographic that was totally related to water. In it there was a blurb that stated something along this line: "Water is a universal solvent, which is why after a period of time, drinking glasses become brittle and shatter."

I used to use that line all the time to tell people why I avoided drinking water.
A friend of mine just says "that stuff'll [water] rust your pipes."

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But again, I don’t take issue with POTUS being administered it as a precaution. It just should have been treated as more of a delicate piece of info, like the protective measures available on AF1 etc...
Most of the time I like the way that whatever thoughts rattling around inside his head just come rolling out of his pie hole, but sometimes he just needs a big steaming mug of shut the heck up. He is far and away his own worst enemy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom