Trump announces escalating tariffs against Mexico, starting at 5 percent, until illegal immigrants '

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that Trump is pissed and lashing out, but I'd prefer he not have two trade wars and two cold wars on the burner all at the same time. The Dow is under 25K right now. :(
Trump isn't the only one who is pissed-off; I am too. We've got to do SOMETHING about illegal immigration, and if the Democrats in Congress won't do anything about it, then Trump should.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trump isn't the only one who is pissed-off; I am too. We've got to do SOMETHING about illegal immigration, and if the Democrats in Congress won't do anything about it, then Trump should.
The problem is neither will the Republicans. When you have control of house, senate white house and still can't get sh#t done. That is because no one wants to.

Last edited:

xring33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does paying in cash have to do with anything?
I pay for mostly everything in cash myself.
Whenever I go to the grocery store, other large retail stores, clothes, shoes, tires, guns & ammo, and etc. (unless I order something from an online source, then I get to use a card).
I do write checks for the utility bills & house payments, but that is about it.

The last 3 vehicles I have bought I payed for up front in cash.
I prefer it this way, & I was born & raised in Kansas & have lived in Oklahoma for the last 16 years. I'm as legal of an American as one can get.

Because paying by payroll checks involves SSI, state and federal taxes. Same thing when an illegal doesn’t use a check....it creates a paper trail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the bad thing when driving a dump truck, roll up on a job site to ask where they want it dumped or any questions about the loads that are ordered in a office by an english speaking person, but then the job site is all Spanish and nobody has a clue makes it hard to your job to serve a commercial account, drives your nerves and temper through the roof. Even now where I work its that way most times when I see them I run away to avoid them.

Have you tried the Duolingo language learning app? You could have the basics down in a few weeks probably. You could focus on the phrases you would need. Might save some hassles.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope Trump holds to his word on this one, he was going to shut the border down but someone changed his mind-evidently. He needs to quit being so wishy-washy and gather the facts, evaluate what damage could be done and then effect whatever he wants to do and not change his mind-it causes too much controversy.

The liberal courts shut him down, but congress gave a sitting president the power to do this;

There are many ways the president can impose tariffs without congressional approval. To name a few:

Through the Trading With the Enemy Act of 1917, the president can impose a tariff during a time of war. But the country doesn’t need to be at war with a specific country — just generally somewhere where the tariffs would apply. (This is how Richard Nixon imposed a 10 percent tariff in 1971, citing the Korean War.)
The Trade Act of 1974 allows the president to implement a 15 percent tariff for 150 days if there is “an adverse impact on national security from imports.” After 150 days, the trade policy would need congressional approval.
There’s the International Emergency Economic Powers Act of 1977, which would allow the president to implement tariffs during a national emergency.
Trump’s White House cited Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962, a provision that gives the secretary of commerce the authority to investigate and determine the impacts of any import on the national security of the United States — and the president the power to adjust tariffs accordingly.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read an article somewhere on the internet that Tulsi Gabbard a female Representative (used to be) from Hawaii said that all incoming freshmen senators are told not to be bipartisan, don't reach across the aisle, it's all for the party. Party above all.
What if our military branches acted that way? Or the fBI and CIA? I know, at times all of them did but it's not the way things are supposed to be done if the country is going to run effectively. I think both sides of congress shroud put their big girl panties on or thongs and act like adults an Dif they don't like or care about the United States, they could at least act like they do and stop this continual infestation we have at our southern border.

xring33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If INS wanted to nab a bunch or illegals in our area easily, all they would have to do would be this. On a Sunday afternoon go to any soccer field and round them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read an article somewhere on the internet that Tulsi Gabbard a female Representative (used to be) from Hawaii said that all incoming freshmen senators are told not to be bipartisan, don't reach across the aisle, it's all for the party. Party above all.
What if our military branches acted that way? Or the fBI and CIA? I know, at times all of them did but it's not the way things are supposed to be done if the country is going to run effectively. I think both sides of congress shroud put their big girl panties on or thongs and act like adults an Dif they don't like or care about the United States, they could at least act like they do and stop this continual infestation we have at our southern border.
Or we could just not support parties. Most of the founders were afraid of them at the start of our nation and disgusted and troubled by them after they inevitably formed. I’ll refrain from reproducing here reasoned and persuasive quotes from Jefferson, Madison, Adams, and Washington because @dlmcm doesn't like it when I do that. :tounge: But here’s a relatively more recent one from the delightful mind of philosopher and theologian G.K. Chesterton:

“The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.”

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom