Trump announces escalating tariffs against Mexico, starting at 5 percent, until illegal immigrants '

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess who just showed up at the bargaining table.....

Fighting to stave off punitive tariffs announced by President Donald Trump, a senior Mexican delegation is beginning high level talks on Monday in Washington, where it will be pushed to do more to hold back Central American migrants.
Trump says he will apply tariffs of 5% on all Mexican goods on June 10, and increase the rate in coming months to 25% if Mexico does not substantially halt illegal immigration across the U.S.-Mexican border, which is at a decade high this year.

https://apple.news/AWe_kcqzQQ_2ixMEv8bLF-g

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get that Trump is pissed and lashing out, but I'd prefer he not have two trade wars and two cold wars on the burner all at the same time. The Dow is under 25K right now. :(

F the world. The global community has been happy to take advantage of American goodwill since 1917, and its about time we start standing up for OUR interests. This country was founded by immigrants, but there is a limit to what any country can support when those immigrants cause a drain on social services they aren't even paying for. I'm not advocating shutting down the immigration system entirely, but there NEEDS to be a control over how many people come in. China is more than happy to dump their cheap garbage on our doorstep and steal intellectual property. Russia is basically a nation-state version of the Mafia.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom