Trump bans critical race training in the gov

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having been in corporate America for many years I can tell you that training content is not free. They had to pay something for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure they did and it was in the budget already and they are going to spend whatever is in the budget....every year ! So, if they didn't spend it on this, they would find something else and spend it on that. But they still need to stop peddling this garbage to people.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't cost a dime to send the government employees. They could either sit and waste time at these seminars....or, sit and waste time back at their desks. They employees cost the same no matter what they are doing and they are budgeted for and the money is going to be spent no matter what they are doing.
. It cost a bundle to pay for the instructors that came in from colleges and universities. Moreover, if the government workers were paid regardless, they had a position and service to fulfill and if someone needed this service, they were turned away and told to return again when the "government worker" had returned. This is aggravation and did cost the personnel who had to return to complete their request for whatever their need may have been.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. It cost a bundle to pay for the instructors that came in from colleges and universities. Moreover, if the government workers were paid regardless, they had a position and service to fulfill and if someone needed this service, they were turned away and told to return again when the "government worker" had returned. This is aggravation and did cost the personnel who had to return to complete their request for whatever their need may have been.
All in the budget and going to be spent regardless of whether they do it or not. And, they will tack another 5% increase on the budget for next year and spend that on something stupid too.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have other more productive ways to spend the budget, you weren't in when I was. I can remember when every quarter the squadron would have a gathering where the troops and families could come together and have a good time but those days are long gone. Tere was money allocated for that.
All in the budget and going to be spent regardless of whether they do it or not. And, they will tack another 5% increase on the budget for next year and spend that on something stupid too.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have other more productive ways to spend the budget, you weren't in when I was. I can remember when every quarter the squadron would have a gathering where the troops and families could come together and have a good time but those days are long gone. Tere was money allocated for that.
Oh I probably was in when you were, and spent the rest of my life working with government agencies and in process improvement and efficiency with various government departments and organizations. I was "in" 1968 to 1974....how 'bout you ?

Last edited:

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...have a gathering where the troops and families could come together and have a good time but those days are long gone. Tere was money allocated for that.

It’s called Non-appropriated Funds (NAF) that are generated by the Post/Base/Navy Exchange operations. The money is still there in Unit Funds.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As to the subject of “Diversity Training,” Tulsa Fire Department is spending $50k on that this month. It looks like a 5-alarm Fire is in progress for the amount of apparatus parked “ out of service” for the half-day sessions.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I probably was in when you were, and spent the rest of my life working with government agencies and in process improvement and efficiency with various government departments and organizations. I was "in" 1968 to 1974....how 'bout you ?
Well, I went in in 1961 to 1985 and then worked at various government agencies and departments from the USPS to the
department of Veteran Affairs. Neither of us are senior to the other, we're both veterans and Americans!

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I went in in 1961 to 1985 and then worked at various government agencies and departments from the USPS to the
department of Veteran Affairs. Neither of us are senior to the other, we're both veterans and Americans!
Yes sir and thank you for your service !

Latest posts

Top Bottom