Trump grants pardon to Oklahoman(former Army 1st Lt. Michael Behenna) who killed Iraqi prisoner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read the articles. If his mother wasn’t a “high powered attorney” as said in the article, I think he would probably still be in a military prison.

I can sympathize with what he did. We are burdened with the rules of warfare and the enemy is not. Everything they do is in “the name of Allah” and they are praised for their atrocities. No accountability for their actions, no rules of war. They know this and use it to their advantage.

I think we need to get our troops out of the sandbox and take care of our own problems. With the political climate as it is and the openly announced agenda to take over and convert the country to the Muslim religion and Sharia Law, we can expect escalating problems of our own right here in the US.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Behenna, a native of the Oklahoma City suburb of Edmond, said the man moved toward him and he shot him because Behenna thought he would try to take his gun."

25 Years!!!! If he was a cop saying the same thing he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and a week without pay. Good move on Trump for righting an injustice.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FOX News has a few more details in its story on Behenna's pardon.

Michael Behenna Pardoned by President Donald Trump

"White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders cited "broad support" for Michael Behenna, of Edmond, Okla., "from the military, Oklahoma elected officials, and the public" -- including 37 generals and admirals, along with a former Pentagon inspector general -- as the reason for Trump's clemency grant. Sanders also said Behenna had been a "model prisoner" while serving his sentence."

"Behenna, who was 24 at the time, said he acted in self-defense when Mansur threw a chunk of concrete at him and reached for the lieutenant’s handgun. Army prosecutors said the argument didn’t stand up because Behenna was already pointing his weapon at the prisoner.

In 2018, Behenna's parents told Fox News the prosecution failed to disclose that their own expert's analysis supported their son’s version of events. The expert felt so strongly that he reached out to the Behennas about his findings."

"Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter initially requested a pardon for Behenna in February 2018 and renewed his request last month. Hunter said he believed Behenna's conviction was unjustified because of erroneous jury instructions and the failure of prosecutors to turn over evidence supporting a self-defense claim. The White House statement said that former Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin and "numerous members" of Oklahoma's congressional delegation had also expressed support for Behenna."

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Behenna, a native of the Oklahoma City suburb of Edmond, said the man moved toward him and he shot him because Behenna thought he would try to take his gun."

25 Years!!!! If he was a cop saying the same thing he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and a week without pay. Good move on Trump for righting an injustice.
I doubt without pay. Normally their unions are pretty stout and he would have been paid while speaking to his union provided lawyer during his week or two off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom