Trump Issues Full Pardons To Oregon Ranchers(Hammonds) Forced Back Into Prison Under Anti-Terror Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/10/trump-pardons-oregon-ranchers/
Trump Issues Full Pardons To Oregon Ranchers Forced Back Into Prison Under Anti-Terror Law
Michael Bastasch
2:20 PM 07/10/2018

"Trump has so far issued five pardons to include conservative activist Dinesh D’Souza and former Bush administration official Scooter Libby."

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ing-executive-clemency-dwight-steven-hammond/
Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding Executive Clemency for Dwight and Steven Hammond
Law & Justice
Issued on: July 10, 2018

"Today, President Donald J. Trump signed Executive Grants of Clemency (Full Pardons) for Dwight Lincoln Hammond, Jr., and his son, Steven Hammond. The Hammonds are multi-generation cattle ranchers in Oregon imprisoned in connection with a fire that leaked onto a small portion of neighboring public grazing land. The evidence at trial regarding the Hammonds’ responsibility for the fire was conflicting, and the jury acquitted them on most of the charges.

At the Hammonds’ original sentencing, the judge noted that they are respected in the community and that imposing the mandatory minimum, 5-year prison sentence would “shock the conscience” and be “grossly disproportionate to the severity” of their conduct. As a result, the judge imposed significantly lesser sentences. The previous administration, however, filed an overzealous appeal that resulted in the Hammonds being sentenced to five years in prison. This was unjust."...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are these the same dudes that poached a bunch of deer and set the state on fire to cover it up?
That's what obama's doj said.
If that actually happened or not, there is no proof. No skeletons, no dna, no carcasses, no fresh meat in a freezer to match dna.
The Ostupid DOJ trumped up charges and then sent in the gestapo.

Edit: that huge named forest fire consumed 139 acres.
I burn a WHOLE lot more than that every few years.

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what obama's doj said.
If that actually happened or not, there is no proof. No skeletons, no dna, no carcasses, no fresh meat in a freezer to match dna.
The Ostupid DOJ trumped up charges and then sent in the gestapo.

Edit: that huge named forest fire consumed 139 acres.
I burn a WHOLE lot more than that every few years.

I thought fellow hunters and family members blew the whistle on the poaching. Without evidence, guess it's moot.

139 acres isn't much. I've burned a ton of wheat fields off too. We never let it cross property lines though. Seems like it's pretty well documented that these guys had let it cross into federal land a few times over the decades, and skated away with a couple of warnings previously. Mandatory sentencing is a fickle thing. But if we keep giving a pass to firearm violators on their mandatory minimums, guess quid-pro-quo can extend to these guys too huh?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought fellow hunters and family members blew the whistle on the poaching. Without evidence, guess it's moot.

139 acres isn't much. I've burned a ton of wheat fields off too. We never let it cross property lines though. Seems like it's pretty well documented that these guys had let it cross into federal land a few times over the decades, and skated away with a couple of warnings previously. Mandatory sentencing is a fickle thing. But if we keep giving a pass to firearm violators on their mandatory minimums, guess quid-pro-quo can extend to these guys too huh?
139 acres isn’t much?? What??!! I have a little over one. I would kill for that much land. To me that is a lot.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll take 139 acres if ya'll don't want that piddly little spot. lol

He pardoned Scooter Libby and Dinesh D'souza, as well. Any thoughts on those?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember right they set the fires to cause a burn stop because the government or BSA had started a fire that was out of control and endangered their livestock?

Latest posts

Top Bottom