Trump Rescinds Ban on Transfer of Some Military Equipment to Local Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm OK with administrative supplies, just not the stuff to be used on the street against citizens. Having the governor authorize the use of NG brings with it significant responsibilities, public scrutiny and effective controls well beyond police ROE. It also puts the pubic on notice that the rules have changed, so act accordingly. Since Kent State almost 50 years ago, the use of NG has been j th effective and far less violent that routine police actions in mob situations. When NOLA PD started confiscating arms aftrer Katrina, several NG units refused to participate. I worked with a Captain in the OK Gia d who did exactly that.

The police need to stay in their traditional roles and while civilian AR's and effective armor are certainly acceptable, MG's and military uniforms and vehicles aren't. JMO, YMMV
I don't think I've seen any order forms for grenade launchers. Any department that has that has the 37mm variety. Not the 40mm like the military has. When was the last time a cop fragged someone with a grenade/...lol.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the folks in SE Texas are pretty happy right now that LEOs and FDs have heavy equipment. Even in the riot instances we have seen recently, the equipment available was used appropriately. The other option would be to distroy the equipment and then raise taxes for cities to buy the same type of equipment. Good grief, we are not going to turn into a "police state"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen any order forms for grenade launchers. Any department that has that has the 37mm variety. Not the 40mm like the military has. When was the last time a cop fragged someone with a grenade/...lol.

Dallas Texas. Explosives were used to kill a person that had just killed a cop if I remember right. Granted it wasn't a grenade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there is also a psychological effect to being clad in military-like gear. Makes you more militant and quicker to resort to force.

If military-like force is required, bring in the National Guard. I think every sergeant should have an AR-15 in his trunk, but that's about it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we're to the point that police need to be carrying bayonets and shooting .50 BMGs, we've become a police state.
we already are
150312-boston-bombing-manhunt-mn-1201_611d73f13f2bda60fd6c73bd042321cc.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you all forget about Boston? The police were rolling through town in military vehicles ordering folks to stay in the house! No cop is gonna tell me I cant come outa my house. They had full control of that town and everyone in it. Then they were going door to door searching inside those houses without any legal means to do so.
And the people bent over for them. A duplicate display of natzi germany in the early stages.
SMDH

Latest posts

Top Bottom