Trump Rescinds Ban on Transfer of Some Military Equipment to Local Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you all forget about Boston? The police were rolling through town in military vehicles ordering folks to stay in the house! No cop is gonna tell me I cant come outa my house. They had full control of that town and everyone in it. Then they were going door to door searching inside those houses without any legal means to do so.
And the people bent over for them. A duplicate display of natzi germany in the early stages.
SMDH
Guess who's DOJ was in charge at that time? I give you one guess.
Truly a despicable display of a violation of Constitutional rights.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess who's DOJ was in charge at that time? I give you one guess.
Truly a despicable display of a violation of Constitutional rights.
If memory serves, it was Boston PD who did it, not the feds. No fair laying that at Obama's feet; that's on the mayor's. Same party, but let's do try to only blame him only for that which is actually his fault.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct. As Pokinfun said, it was a DIY explosive device. Where they got it, I don't know.
They built it themselves. The shell was a pressure cooker, so Wal*Mart is a possibility. As to the explosive, I haven't been able to find specifics, but Wikipedia, citing the Boston Globe, says one of the bombers had purchased fireworks. Flash powder (as in firecrackers) is not necessarily the most powerful explosive out there, but it does have high brisance (bursting/shattering power). In truth, it could have been just about anything. Could easily have been ANFO--the quantities involved wouldn't have triggered any suspicion. Once you're working with a pressure vessel, you don't need exotic explosives to get good effect--the pressure vessel makes even things that would only burn in open air detonate violently (cf. smokeless powder, gasoline). Packed with nails, BBs, etc. (one report says authorities found the pull-tab from a zipper in one victim's wounds) and you have a serious mess.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They built it themselves. The shell was a pressure cooker, so Wal*Mart is a possibility. As to the explosive, I haven't been able to find specifics, but Wikipedia, citing the Boston Globe, says one of the bombers had purchased fireworks. Flash powder (as in firecrackers) is not necessarily the most powerful explosive out there, but it does have high brisance (bursting/shattering power). In truth, it could have been just about anything. Could easily have been ANFO--the quantities involved wouldn't have triggered any suspicion. Once you're working with a pressure vessel, you don't need exotic explosives to get good effect--the pressure vessel makes even things that would only burn in open air detonate violently (cf. smokeless powder, gasoline). Packed with nails, BBs, etc. (one report says authorities found the pull-tab from a zipper in one victim's wounds) and you have a serious mess.
Uhhh...dave we are talking about two different things here. Dennis and I are talking about the sniper in Dallas a couple of years ago that was finally killed by Dallas SWAT by a robot with an explosive device attatched to it. Keep up dude...lol.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhh...dave we are talking about two different things here. Dennis and I are talking about the sniper in Dallas a couple of years ago that was finally killed by Dallas SWAT by a robot with an explosive device attatched to it. Keep up dude...lol.
Sorry, my mistake. Mea culpa.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was only half following along. I will have to admit your post had me wondering when DPD starting using pressure cookers ... lol
Speaking of pressure cookers, I would thing the influx of displaced persons into Dallas may add a bit of pressure to the city. I hope they are ready with plans in place to support this....

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of pressure cookers, I would thing the influx of displaced persons into Dallas may add a bit of pressure to the city. I hope they are ready with plans in place to support this....

After Katrina they bused a bunch of people up here to the empty Lucent plant down the street. It was SO BAD that the Subway across the street closed for a while to keep from having to deal with the "entitled masses" throwing temper tantrums when they couldn't get free food -- because the MREs that our military eat wasn't good enough for them. Shoplifting in that area skyrocketed. It was a mess ...

I've never been so glad to see a bunch of people finally get dispersed to wherever they went in my entire life. Driving down to that corner at Council and Reno after dark was an adventure no one I know took if they had to at that time -- and those unfortunate few who had to go down there for some reason never went unarmed.

That was my first experience with just how a good deed can go horribly wrong and cause collateral damage (for one instance, the people who worked at that Subway lost the wages they would have otherwise earned). I became a whole lot more close-minded about doing good deeds after witnessing the trouble those "people" caused.

Latest posts

Top Bottom