Trump takes action on his own.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is hilarious .... Dems fight GOP in Congress because GOP doesn't want to extend the benefit, and instead funnel money to Pentagon and pork. Deal falls through. So Trumpy decides to (arguably outside the law not that he or the GOP care) provide the benefit by EO. The the action by the head of the party of "law and order" gets sued by the Dems because they didn't uphold "law and order" but likely the voters won't give a crap about all that BS because they'll all have a case of cognitive dissonance for the whole thing. Then the cherry on the cake will be that the payroll tax that won't be collected will come due AFTER the election.

Your sure that the payroll tax free isn’t tax exempt?
Do you have any back up info?
The libs said the same thing about the first Stimulus check. It is tax fee just like the second one.
Dims are the only ones that punish those they prepose to help.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your sure that the payroll tax free isn’t tax exempt?
Do you have any back up info?
The libs said the same thing about the first Stimulus check. It is tax fee just like the second one.
Dims are the only ones that punish those they prepose to help.

Did I say it was tax exempt?

Earlier in the thread it was pointed out that the payroll tax was a deferment not a wiping away. Here's a source:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whats-in-president-trump-four-coronavirus-relief-executive-orders

Payroll Tax holiday

Trump defers the payroll tax from Sept. 1 to Dec. 31, 2020, for employees making $100,000 or less a year. The tax, deducted from workers' paychecks, funds Social Security and Medicare. Employees would need to repay the federal government once the tax holiday ends without further action.

Deferment means that it's still coming due --- in December. After the election.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did I say it was tax exempt?

Earlier in the thread it was pointed out that the payroll tax was a deferment not a wiping away. Here's a source:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whats-in-president-trump-four-coronavirus-relief-executive-orders

Payroll Tax holiday

Trump defers the payroll tax from Sept. 1 to Dec. 31, 2020, for employees making $100,000 or less a year. The tax, deducted from workers' paychecks, funds Social Security and Medicare. Employees would need to repay the federal government once the tax holiday ends without further action.

Deferment means that it's still coming due --- in December. After the election.

My bad. Deferment is different from exempt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have mixed thoughts on all of this.

I understand a lot of folks were put out of work thru no fault of their own, BUT not only did they get un employment, but also got another $600 from the feds added to it, so in Okie land thats a max of $1139 a week.
Now lets say a couple were both let go from their jobs due to the beer virus, now you have a couple who could potentially be bringing home a max of $2278 per week in un employment. Holy **** why go back to work.

Not saying those affected should not get assistance but in some cases to bring home more than when you were working is absurd.

I believe its now the blame game on both sides, and we as a country are screwed.

Now add to this a deferment on payroll taxes, no thanks can I opt out, and if not folks you best set what that extra money back because unless congress passes a law stating the deferred money is not due, you will owe it come tax time just like the un employment funds its all taxable unless you had taxes held out.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't understand. You spend 3 trillion $ on stimulus, then aren't going to collect taxes. My simple math from High School says this doesn't add up. I am confusued!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have mixed thoughts on all of this.

I understand a lot of folks were put out of work thru no fault of their own, BUT not only did they get un employment, but also got another $600 from the feds added to it, so in Okie land thats a max of $1139 a week.
Now lets say a couple were both let go from their jobs due to the beer virus, now you have a couple who could potentially be bringing home a max of $2278 per week in un employment. Holy **** why go back to work.

Not saying those affected should not get assistance but in some cases to bring home more than when you were working is absurd.

I believe its now the blame game on both sides, and we as a country are screwed.

Now add to this a deferment on payroll taxes, no thanks can I opt out, and if not folks you best set what that extra money back because unless congress passes a law stating the deferred money is not due, you will owe it come tax time just like the un employment funds its all taxable unless you had taxes held out.

I know a woman who was working 2 jobs. Her first job layed her off in March due to COVID. She struck a deal with her second job (now her only job) to remain part-time instead of going to full-time hours, which she could have as this employer was deemed essential so never closed, so she could collect unemployment. And the $600/week. And still draw a sizeable paycheck. She has banked her unemployment and stimulus payments, and used her paycheck for living expenses since March. She took a full-time position with her only employer when her 12 weeks of unemployment ran out -- the same time the stimulus ended. She was complaining a couple days ago that she should have filed for extended unemployment.

I tried to talk to her about the tax consequences of what she was doing. She said she'd never paid taxes in her life so she didn't figure she'd have to for 2020. I asked her if she understood how they actually calculated taxes. Well, no, not really. :disappoin

How someone can be smart enough to work the system like she has and NOT know the fundamentals of taxation confounds me.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="THAT Gurl, post: 3402943, member: 45551"
I tried to talk to her about the tax consequences of what she was doing. She said she'd never paid taxes in her life so she didn't figure she'd have to for 2020. I asked her if she understood how they actually calculated taxes. Well, no, not really. :disappoin

How someone can be smart enough to work the system like she has and NOT know the fundamentals of taxation confounds me.[/QUOTE]
IRS would like to know her real well, that should be illegal but probably isn't.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="THAT Gurl, post: 3402943, member: 45551"

How someone can be smart enough to work the system like she has and NOT know the fundamentals of taxation confounds me.
IRS would like to know her real well, that should be illegal but probably isn't.[/QUOTE]
She may mean she never made enough to pay taxes. Or she always got a refund from having so much taken out of her weekly check.

Latest posts

Top Bottom