Trump's ATF pick: Chuck Canterbury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything good or bad about him? I found one of my old postings(Nov. 2011) saying that Canterbury(then FOP president) had supported Holder and I also ran across the Daily Caller article.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/27/trump-atf-pick-chuck-canterbury/
Trump’s ATF Pick: ‘I Take A Back Seat To No One In My Reverence For The 2nd Amendment’
Whitney Tipton | Reporter
2:49 PM 05/27/2019 | Guns and Gear

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ASA(American Suppressor Association) Supports Chuck Canterbury for ATF Director
WASHINGTON, DC – The American Suppressor Association (ASA), the unified voice of the suppressor community, fully supports President Donald Trump’s nomination of Chuck Canterbury to serve as the next Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). ATF has been without a permanent director since B. Todd Jones resigned in 2015.

“As the regulating body of our industry, ATF has a tremendous amount of control over our ability to operate and create jobs,” said Knox Williams, President and Executive Director of ASA. “Because of their influence over our businesses, the ATF Director is, for us, one of the most important politically appointed positions that President Trump will fill. His nomination of Mr. Canterbury, which does require Senate confirmation, falls directly in line with his campaign promise to work with the firearms industry and protect the Second Amendment. Mr. Canterbury’s resume and reputation highlight that he is the leader that ATF needs in order to become the bureau that they are intended to be.”

For the past 16 years, Mr. Canterbury has served as the President of the National Fraternal Order of Police (FOP). During his tenure, in 2009, Mr. Canterbury went on record saying, “I want to mistake to be made. I take a back seat to no one in my reverence for the Second Amendment.” Prior to FOP, he spent 26 years on the Horry County, South Carolina police force, ultimately achieving the rank of Major (Deputy Chief).

We urge you to contact your Senator using the button below to urge them to confirm Mr. Caterbury quickly.

Read the complete press release HERE.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ASA(American Suppressor Association) Supports Chuck Canterbury for ATF Director
WASHINGTON, DC – The American Suppressor Association (ASA), the unified voice of the suppressor community, fully supports President Donald Trump’s nomination of Chuck Canterbury to serve as the next Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). ATF has been without a permanent director since B. Todd Jones resigned in 2015.

“As the regulating body of our industry, ATF has a tremendous amount of control over our ability to operate and create jobs,” said Knox Williams, President and Executive Director of ASA. “Because of their influence over our businesses, the ATF Director is, for us, one of the most important politically appointed positions that President Trump will fill. His nomination of Mr. Canterbury, which does require Senate confirmation, falls directly in line with his campaign promise to work with the firearms industry and protect the Second Amendment. Mr. Canterbury’s resume and reputation highlight that he is the leader that ATF needs in order to become the bureau that they are intended to be.”

For the past 16 years, Mr. Canterbury has served as the President of the National Fraternal Order of Police (FOP). During his tenure, in 2009, Mr. Canterbury went on record saying, “I want to mistake to be made. I take a back seat to no one in my reverence for the Second Amendment.” Prior to FOP, he spent 26 years on the Horry County, South Carolina police force, ultimately achieving the rank of Major (Deputy Chief).

We urge you to contact your Senator using the button below to urge them to confirm Mr. Caterbury quickly.

Read the complete press release HERE.

I am not into suppressors, is the ASA reputable/trustworthy---I am assuming that they are since you made the post?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
" If I thought that Sotomayor's presence on the court posed a threat to my Second Amendment right,
I would not be supporting her here [Capitol Hill] today.''
--Canterbury (From the second link in the OP)

In all fairness to the President, the man probably hasn't even been vetted. The President probably met with him and found him a very excellent, deferential, loyal, and very very fabulous 100 percent high IQ individual.

Last edited:

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all fairness to the President, the man probably hasn't even been vetted. The President probably met with him and found him a very excellent, deferential, loyal, and very very fabulous 100 percent high IQ individual.

Excellent observation. This President has appointed and trusted a lot of the wrong people.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't worry. Canterbury may not be confirmed. Then we can talk about how the Senate has left so many vacancies in the government. It's happened many times. Sort of routine. Nothing to get excited about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom