Trust reviews, info from Brigadoon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking to Rita at Brigadoon the other day and she said that the ATF, or some agency, is going back and reviewing the NFA trust things. Something about trusts being granted and not supposed to be. I did not ask a lot about it due to me not having anything on a trust but if you do you might want to give them a call and see what she was talking about.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like some more paranoia/misinformation coming from there. I follow a ½ dozen NFA forums and I have seen anything that would back that statement up. While it may be true I still rank the paranoia theory as the most likely.

What I have seen:
There seems to be a team or designated examiners reviewing the trusts. There have also been reports of addition training in corporations and trust transfers.

I have alse seen an instance or two where someone went to add a second item to the trust and the trust was declared invalid. On one the guy thought he was going to lose a previously transferred MG on the same trust. He was able to get the issue worked out.

I halfway considered the trust route, however there was not as much positives as negatives in my case. I was more worried about the trust being invalidated than anything later down the road. Therefore I went the individual route on my latest transfers as well.

For some the trust route is the best way. I recommend a trust attorney to develop one. They should be very familiar with NFA transfers. There are some that specialize in it from out of state that work with local attorneys. Some are cutting costs and using Quicken to make one. You may find down the road you got what you paid for. The ATF accepting the Trust and making an intial transfer is only 10% of the issue. The ATF accepting the trust does not validate the legality of that trust.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing that really annoys me about the ATF is the way they constantly seem to change their minds. It's like the Browning importation of FAL's back when.

My point is that if they mistakenly allow something, then they need to own the mistake and do whatever is necessary to accomodate their customer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom