Trust ? Will you take the vaccine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am over 65 and have comorbidities. I still have not gotten the shot. I have been trying to sign up every day since the 4th. I look at the vaccinate.oklahoma.gov web site and there are literally hundreds ... HUNDREDS ... of slots available for people to receive their second/booster shot within fifty miles of me, but not one ... NOT ONE opening for me to get my first shot. And, it has been that way for days. Their system is totally screwed up. I'm gonna' try to call OSDH today, for all the good it will do. May also see about contacting my State Senator and Representative just to voice my opinion. The State of Oklahoma has no idea how to organize anything.

okgunner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've engaged in so many slippery slope and ridiculous strawman arguments I don't know where to start. Too many fallacies going on there so let's back up the train and not move the goalposts because you've got way too many apples to orange comparisons. Back to the subject at hand.....

Should an employer be allowed to have a health requirement of it's employees? I think so. I could make the point that healthier employees are happier and perform better. Namely, right now, if a workforce isn't vaccinated, it could shut down the business. If someone doesn't like it... there are choices. However, I'll give you a real world example. One of my clients makes finned boiler pipe. He has a small company of ~20 employees. He had to nearly shut down his operation in November and December because of Covid. He keeps his company small so that the employees (many have been with hiim 20+ years) can get the hours they need. Now, next year, I'd wager he will require everyone to get a vaccination because he may not be able to afford otherwise. If someone doesn't want to get it? Fine.... can't work here. Again, choices and freedom goes both ways.
Why does the employer require the COVID vaccine? You skipped over that.
Why is the employer changing employment requirements after becoming an employee?
Is there currently a health requirement for employees outside of COVID? If so, what?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why does the employer require the COVID vaccine? You skipped over that.
Why is the employer changing employment requirements after becoming an employee?
Is there currently a health requirement for employees outside of COVID? If so, what?

Did you miss the part where I explained about a company shutting it's doors LOL?

Look, I'm sorry you don't think small and large businesses can run their business as they see fit to keep their doors open. Just as you should be able to refuse, they should be able to require. Again.... goes both ways.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my first dose of Moderna last Thursday.
Arm is still sore, and slightly swollen at the injection point. Wife’s arm soreness only lasted one day.
I was pretty lethargic for two days just like when I get the seasonal flu shots, but that cleared up with energy levels returning to normal on Sunday.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The time release part that kills you won't kick in for years until they give 6.8 billion people a dose.
If people start dropping like flies now they won't be able to inject everybody they need to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom