trw m14

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talked to a guy a few years ago that was carrying a TRW into the big Tulsa show. Gun was a reweld complete with auto parts and of course no paperwork. Seemed odd then, seems very odd now after these other similar stories.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is unregistered it is illegal and cannot be made legal. It is worth 10 years in prison.

I'd say yes and no.

If it is original, FA and unregistered cannot be made legal.

If it is converted illegally, maybe. Remove the illegal parts, replace with legal parts. Converted back to SA.

If "no papers" means "never had any", stay away. There are ways to find out if it is in the registry and has papers.

Some folks don't know what they have.

Not saying get involved, but you can check your options.

Dave

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correctly there is a m14 that was stolen from the ORA. They had about 6 that they got from the DCM.
These had the fun parts gone and the army soldered the block on the side shut (but it was still there). I hear stories of it popping up at shows from time to time.

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably has nothing to do with this M14 but, a Game Warden had his stolen from his truck a month or two ago in the Stillwater area.

ETA- the stolen M14 from the Game Warden is a Springfield.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom