Trying to Move, any input?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz-

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks, looks like a busy new person section, maybe not a good sign for my house buying, and doesn't help I feel guilty being another potential escapee from a failing state (Colorado is a lost cause at this point).

I'm nobody special, grew up early in mesquite Texas and Germany before returning to my birth state of Colorado for the last 25 years. I'm into a bit of everything. Anything fast, I'm probably bringing my supercharged H2, though sadly i think the Jaguar F type won't make the cut to help with expenses. I've dabbled in all kinds of exotic pets and hope to have another saltwater aquarium and will be bringing 2 parrots. I hope to get into paramotoring or ultra lights if all goes well. I'm excited for some good bbq and country food though i hope I settle near some decent Asian restaurants.

I work at Federal buildings and was looking to transfer to our contract out here as my wife just got her promotion and work from home status freeing us up. I've heard mixed things about okc vs tulsa, I assume there are more federal facilities in OKC. Tulsa pays a smidge more though and the idea of being near more lakes, hills, and trees seems appealing.

We were hoping to be decently out of town. 30mins to an hour, possibly between the 2 cities so i can cover both. Goal was property I can shoot on, modest but need a big garage or outbuildings for a few vehicles. Wife would like to mess around with a few farm animals/ chickens. Decent tree coverage/ internet/ road access (sportbike) are considerations.

But lost a bit as far as not knowing the area at all. Not great to move rural but ignorant to the fact a property was just up the road from a major tweaker trailer park for example.

Fitz

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome, Fitz! What kind of 'work at federal buildings?' That might help us to point you in the right direction for employment and residence.

Fitz-

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome, Fitz! What kind of 'work at federal buildings?' That might help us to point you in the right direction for employment and residence.
Well I shouldn't need help with employment, If I can't transfer for some reason , I may be looking at Idaho//Montana at wifes request, though I still think for the most part OK is more appealing for a few reasons.

I just do boring ol security, so the guys in gray at social security etc. Not much fun, but pays suprisingly well so Im at the stage of resigning myself to just coasting doing that for the next 20 years.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA!

Don't believe anything that anyone from OKC tells you about Tulsa. :rollingla

I dunno, just reading you post I get a feeling that someplace outside of Owasso might interest you. Or you might look around the Kiefer or Mounds areas for something less expensive.

Fitz-

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA!

Don't believe anything that anyone from OKC tells you about Tulsa. :rollingla

I dunno, just reading you post I get a feeling that someplace outside of Owasso might interest you. Or you might look around the Kiefer or Mounds areas for something less expensive.
In my head 200-300k was the goal, but for the right place up to 400 is probably fine. Going to rent our CO property, but if we sold could go higher , though one of my goals was to take the equit gains from our house doubling in price was to invest a chunk to help ensure I'm not working in my 60s.

I'll add it to my growing list of places to look.

Hows the area around Bartlesville? Was one suggestion I received.

Latest posts

Top Bottom