Trying to Move, any input?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!

chicken.gif

Fitz-

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing you might look at is what kind of internet service is available, in the towns you are looking at. You did say your wife is going to work from home?
Yes, and also game heavily. Not sure if Starlink is around but hopefully can be out in a place the coop or whatever has fiber.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome! So you’re wanting to live somewhere between Tulsa and OKC so you can work both? I think that bristow, stroud, and chandler are gonna be up your alley in terms of location. Not a bad area in my opinion. Trailer parks can be everywhere, not all are bad. It just pays to have a realtor to look around for you if you cannot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA!
Oklahoma is so diverse in it's geography that it's impossible to put down the best place. It all depends on the persons wants and needs. Some like to live in rural communities, some like the heavily wooded areas, some like the semi arid areas that are lightly populated.
Since you are wanting to do some shooting on your property, that would rule out most places already mentioned.
You didn't mention if it would be a pistol range or long range rifle.
The ability to shoot on your own property will dictate how far you will be living from metropolitan areas. One can get lucky and find a property just a few miles from a smaller city, but the larger cities are always moving out and away from the city centers with sub divisions. Eventually it will be a corridor between Tulsa and Bartlesville of sub divisions. What used to be farming/ranching/hunting areas are now homes.
Think long and hard about what may be future housing expansion before buying into any property if you wish to remain rural and mostly private.

Fitz-

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA!
Oklahoma is so diverse in it's geography that it's impossible to put down the best place. It all depends on the persons wants and needs. Some like to live in rural communities, some like the heavily wooded areas, some like the semi arid areas that are lightly populated.
Since you are wanting to do some shooting on your property, that would rule out most places already mentioned.
You didn't mention if it would be a pistol range or long range rifle.
The ability to shoot on your own property will dictate how far you will be living from metropolitan areas. One can get lucky and find a property just a few miles from a smaller city, but the larger cities are always moving out and away from the city centers with sub divisions. Eventually it will be a corridor between Tulsa and Bartlesville of sub divisions. What used to be farming/ranching/hunting areas are now homes.
Think long and hard about what may be future housing expansion before buying into any property if you wish to remain rural and mostly private.
Not long range but would need to build a substantial berm for up to 100 yards for rifle, anything further a special trip to a range is fine.

The corridor is a good point that id worried about a bit, so I'll probably have to pick a city and then look on the far sides likely to avoid expansion a bit better. I know theres nice stuff just 20 minutes away but why I'm almost trying to find stuff closer to 45 minutes out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom