TSA searches 96-year-old woman in wheelchair in viral video, sparking outrage/8,996,939 views

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes common sense isn't displayed by the government, quite often and in this case they failed to have common sense. An old lady and old man, a girl with CP in a wheelchair ...They need to go to Israel and see how their security is at airports. They have no problems there-and they don't joke around. They profile and screen and ask in-depth questions. How else can it be done properly?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you cite one incident where a 96 year old woman in a wheelchair committed a terrorist Act
Can you cite one incident where the TSA has caught any terrorist?
My response was that it could be possible to do that. Purely speculative, but possible.
In my travels over the years, it's pretty disgusting watching average looking Americans get patted down and wanded while 20-30 year old groups of Middle Eastern men waltz right through security. On our last trip, even though we had the TSA Pre-Check, my wife was pulled out of line, sent into the look through your clothes machine, then wanded. Random check they said. I questioned the supervisor and she said it was because of an underwire bra, and even though we had the Pre-check, she would likely be flagged from here on out.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you cite one incident where the TSA has caught any terrorist?
My response was that it could be possible to do that. Purely speculative, but possible.
In my travels over the years, it's pretty disgusting watching average looking Americans get patted down and wanded while 20-30 year old groups of Middle Eastern men waltz right through security. On our last trip, even though we had the TSA Pre-Check, my wife was pulled out of line, sent into the look through your clothes machine, then wanded. Random check they said. I questioned the supervisor and she said it was because of an underwire bra, and even though we had the Pre-check, she would likely be flagged from here on out.
So we have to treat everyone like a Criminal because one person might be, sounds like the same logic the gun grabbers use

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes common sense isn't displayed by the government, quite often and in this case they failed to have common sense. An old lady and old man, a girl with CP in a wheelchair ...They need to go to Israel and see how their security is at airports. They have no problems there-and they don't joke around. They profile and screen and ask in-depth questions. How else can it be done properly?

This doesn't even make sense, the Israelis would've screened her, just like everyone else. Hamas has no bounds.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Common sense" tells me I should screen everyone one to eliminate all the variables I can.

I had made a trip to NY with a pilot friend of mine several years back. Coming back through Chicago, this was a few months after they caught Richard Reid, I had given my carry on to a buddy at the terminal to head to get something from the newsstand. I come back as we are getting in line to board, he gives me my bag back and I'm immediately pulled off the line and given the extreme white glove award. I get back on the plane and my buddy was laughing. He, is a Bengali, born and raised in Queens NY. He figured out what was going on and I was clueless. They saw him give me a bag for me to carry on and singled me out. Point is, you never know all the variables in any situation or the events leading to that person boarding, no matter who they are. So, check everyone IMO and let the snowflakes cry about it later.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This doesn't even make sense, the Israelis would've screened her, just like everyone else. Hamas has no bounds.
Actually after one is questioned in Israel and they pass the questioning, they go their way. However if the questions aren't answered properly or give the "agent" cause to suspect one they go into a real screening process.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually after one is questioned in Israel and they pass the questioning, they go their way. However if the questions aren't answered properly or give the "agent" cause to suspect one they go into a real screening process.

When I was in Italy, not long after they had a plane hijacked, they incorporated the Israel security system. We had to do two face to face interviews with airport security, then get wanded and patted down.
While in line to get on the plane, (you must stand in line), a security person prowls the line looking for anyone nervous acting I assumed, trying to get eye contact.
I actually felt really safe getting on that plane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom