TSA searches 96-year-old woman in wheelchair in viral video, sparking outrage/8,996,939 views

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The entire Security Screening Process is an outrage imposed on our citizens reminiscent of Nazi, Fascist, Communist and other Totalitarian Regimes of the past and present. Other than in prisons where inmates have surrendered their freedoms and rights as consequences for their behavior, citizens should NEVER be accosted and subjected to any Search or Surveillance Processes at the behest of Government, Corporate Organizations or Private Interests.

I’ve had two experiences with the TSA that left me opposed to their very existence. First, about 17 years ago my Wife traveled back to N. Carolina to visit our 4 year old Grandson and to help our Daughter in Law as our son was deployed on a M.E.U. out of Camp Lejune. My Wife is an ex-Navy Corpswave (Honorable Discharged) and an RN.

Some ignorant, pusillanimous, low life, idiot, offspring of a street prostitute decided to put an -s- on her ticket when she checked in. It subjected her to (Special Screening) at every Stupid Security Checkpoint while she traveled round trip. This caused her to be late and miss flights coming and going and on her return left me about 4 hours outside Tulsa Airport wondering what was wrong.

After we got home, I realized that she was picked on for no damn reason. I called the Airlines (who knew nothing about it) and Security at the TUL (who knew nothing about it) and finally wrote one of our State Senators who ultimately returned a letter stating that it was a Homeland Security Issue (or something) and that his Office never got any answers from them about these matters. Note- she has traveled since with no interference.

Well, I want an explanation and I’m still waiting for it!

Several years later, my Wife and I traveled back to NY from DFW. Going through the Stupid TSA Security Check they wanted me to take off my damn shoes! I’m a Disabled (Honorably Discharged) Veteran and I can’t bend over to take off shoes. My Wife usually helps, but I need to sit down. Anyway, after standing in the line for over fifteen minutes on my crutch, I needed a chair. When I asked for somewhere to sit to take off my shoes the idiots would not let my Wife come with me! The Nazis got annoyed. “You will need to have a Special Screening.”, someone snarled. They took me aside and searched me the way we used to search subjects we were arresting when I was a Deputy Sheriff. Then I had to wait for someone with a Bomb Sniffer (another 15 minutes). I don’t fly anymore.....

All of this is an unnecessary affront to U.S. Citizens. I don’t like it. I would rather take my chances on planes where everyone was armed to the teeth. I would rather risk a fatal catastrophe than to be pawed over by a bunch of monkeys whose aggregate I.Q. wouldn’t break 100. I lived through the years when anyone who officially suggested the need to question the honor and integrity of our citizens would have been shouted out of the room. I personally don’t care what people are carrying on a plane as long as they don’t do any harm with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree with you and I too will never fly again as long as TSA exist

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would this be the same TSA that harassed Brigadier General Joe Foss (USMC, ret.) about his Medal of Honor on the theory that it could be used as a weapon until a National Guardsman intervened and said, essentially, "son, you have no idea what that is, and this is the closest you'll ever get to one, so let the man pass?"

There's a reason nobody takes TSA seriously. Lots of reasons, actually.

If you hire 50K people in the span of two years, you're bound to get a few knuckleheads. I saw more than my fair share of them at the onset and you still get stories of them from time to time, though not as often as the early years.

This case with the 96 year old lady isn't one of those.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you hire 50K people in the span of two years, you're bound to get a few knuckleheads. I saw more than my fair share of them at the onset and you still get stories of them from time to time, though not as often as the early years.

This case with the 96 year old lady isn't one of those.

The TSA is more of a Federal Equal Opportunity Employment Service for the underprivileged, emotionally damaged and angry, passive aggressive elements of our society.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The TSA is more of a Federal Equal Opportunity Employment Service for the underprivileged, emotionally damaged and angry, passive aggressive elements of our society.

A statistically outsized percentage of our local hires are veterans. I'm not disagreeing with you per se but... :)

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A statistically outsized percentage of our local hires are veterans. I'm not disagreeing with you per se but... :)

One of these days I'm gonna fly just so I can get a little action from a military guy. :hey3: I DO get to pick, right?? Oh bummer, I'm gonna get some fat chick feeling me up, aren't I?? Bleh. Oh well, I'll make it an experience she'll NEVER forget. :rubhands::pms2:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom