Tulammo stuck case failure today. 02/20/2023 Torture Test. Sig Sauer P320 Compact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was blasting away from the Blade Tech OWB holster today, outdoor range, plate rack, about 15-20 yds. Burning up some sorry ass, cheap Ruskie, steel cased ammo. 250 rds. At about 200 rounds fired, experienced a dead trigger from my EDC SIG SAUER P320 Compact. Couldn’t rack the slide. Stuck shut. Sprayed some Ballistol down the bore, along the slide, ejection port, let it cool off in the shade. Found my old,(30years?), dowel rod, placed in the barrel, jammed into the deck, got the action open, empty steel case ejected out. Cleaned the pistol, lubed, finished getting rid of the Tula cartridges. Donated some to weak hand drills. Message to the brothers, don’t use cheap steel case ammo for self defense loads. Not after firing 200+, without cleaning. Was the worst failure I’ve ever experienced, with a semi auto.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I got 500 rounds of Tula last year and shot every single one of them through my 43x. No cleaning prior.

Had one failure like you. I think I was in my last 50 rounds though.

Pulled out my Leatherman and got the case out. Fired the rest of them and didn’t have another issue. Will I buy it again? Yeah probably so if I see it cheap enough. Lol

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've personally seen 2 different rifles in .308 that exhibited over pressure symptoms. The one, I recognized it quickly enough to stop shooting. The other my friend continued to shoot it and had to beat the bolt open with a wooden mallet. He ended up breaking the bolt handle off. That 147 grain stuff just seemed too hot. The rest got pulled down and the components used elsewhere.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh another story on Tula…

My Glock 36 LOVED Tula. Never had an issue.. wish I could get a case of it now and I would.

Always had an issue with Federal Small Primer brass case stuff though in that gun… but Tula, not a single issue.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot a lot of Tula with no real issues other than it is horribly inconsistent ammunition . Good enough to hit steel out to three hundred yards though, I like to shoot it out of a couple of guns that are simply very hard on brass .

Latest posts

Top Bottom