Tulammo stuck case failure today. 02/20/2023 Torture Test. Sig Sauer P320 Compact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there's more p320 complaints than Tula. Just saying. Don't/won't own a Sig. Just personal preference.

Agreed... The new breed of Sigs is really popular but I don't like them. I bought an M17 thru the BX (online) and hated it after I got to handle it. I've fondled a few other models in stores. Nope...

I love the "legacy" models like the P226 or P220...great guns.

There's nothing inherently wrong with steel-cased ammo. Some American companies, like Hornady, are offering steel-cased ammo. During WWII some US .45 ammo used steel cases (I have some). The US military has experimented with steel-cased ammo for decades...even M193 ammo in Viet Nam. It's not just a Russian/eastern European thing.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Don't ever use steel cased ammo in anything, except an AK.

SKS too?

I don’t mind shooting a little steel in some of my stuff. For the budget minded I’d say shooting steel casing is better than not getting to practice at all.

On a different note I heard Aluminum case is a big no no in PCC’s, especially the Stribog.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's nothing inherently wrong with steel-cased ammo. Some American companies, like Hornady, are offering steel-cased ammo. During WWII some US .45 ammo used steel cases (I have some). The US military has experimented with steel-cased ammo for decades...even M193 ammo in Viet Nam. It's not just a Russian/eastern European thing.
They also made tons of 30 carbine steel case.

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some .223 Tula made in the Covid-era. I’ve had multiple case lips rip off. Pull out the cleaning rod and drop it down the bore a couple times and the case comes right out. I’ve shot several thousands of .223 Tula over the years, but this is the first case i’ve ever had problems with. Wonder if they let their qc slide in exchange for larger quantities and tighter deadlines.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was blasting away from the Blade Tech OWB holster today, outdoor range, plate rack, about 15-20 yds. Burning up some sorry ass, cheap Ruskie, steel cased ammo. 250 rds. At about 200 rounds fired, experienced a dead trigger from my EDC SIG SAUER P320 Compact. Couldn’t rack the slide. Stuck shut. Sprayed some Ballistol down the bore, along the slide, ejection port, let it cool off in the shade. Found my old,(30years?), dowel rod, placed in the barrel, jammed into the deck, got the action open, empty steel case ejected out. Cleaned the pistol, lubed, finished getting rid of the Tula cartridges. Donated some to weak hand drills. Message to the brothers, don’t use cheap steel case ammo for self defense loads. Not after firing 200+, without cleaning. Was the worst failure I’ve ever experienced, with a semi auto.
Would not shoot that Commie crap in a borrowed gun. As an FFL, I won’t sell it either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom