Tulsa County Sheriff - Concealed Carry License Application Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this guy has my vote. too bad i already forked over money. i believe that if you can legally purchase a firearm from a dealer and go through that background check then you should be able to carry a firearm. i don't see the problem in that.

Badger308

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a question? Since the United States Currency has printed on it "This note is Legal Tender for all Debts Public and Private" How can the Tulsa county Sheriff Department refuse to take Cash??? It seems like if federal law doesn't apply then why are we recognizing the Brady Bill? or any other federal law for that matter?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a question? Since the United States Currency has printed on it "This note is Legal Tender for all Debts Public and Private" How can the Tulsa county Sheriff Department refuse to take Cash??? It seems like if federal law doesn't apply then why are we recognizing the Brady Bill? or any other federal law for that matter?

Well first of all, it's not a debt when you buy a product or service and pay for it in advance or when you receive it. Especially when payment terms are stipulated in advance of you buying.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

From US Treasury website - https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/Currency/Pages/legal-tender.aspx

"Legal Tender Status

I thought that United States currency was legal tender for all debts. Some businesses or governmental agencies say that they will only accept checks, money orders or credit cards as payment, and others will only accept currency notes in denominations of $20 or smaller. Isn't this illegal?

The pertinent portion of law that applies to your question is the Coinage Act of 1965, specifically Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," which states: "United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues."

This statute means that all United States money as identified above are a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor. There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as for payment for goods and/or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether or not to accept cash unless there is a State law which says otherwise. For example, a bus line may prohibit payment of fares in pennies or dollar bills. In addition, movie theaters, convenience stores and gas stations may refuse to accept large denomination currency (usually notes above $20) as a matter of policy."

Latest posts

Top Bottom