Tulsa gun shop broken into overnight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it’s not the law , but I do think it’s prudent to keep your weapons in a safe. I don’t think it rises to the level of negligence, but one day it may. (Full disclosure .....I don’t sell gun safes for a living lol)

I am not going to feel badly if I am storing my guns behind locked doors in my home or my vehicle and someone breaks the law, breaks in and steals them. It's their fault for being a criminal, not mine for following the law.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not going to feel badly if I am storing my guns behind locked doors in my home or my vehicle and someone breaks the law, breaks in and steals them. It's their fault for being a criminal, not mine for following the law.
Ther are many laws in many states dealing with negligent storage of firearms. Most of which are centered around protecting minors from accessing said firearms but it’s not a stretch to start looking at gun owners as negligent for just leaving them unsecured in a closet at home. You know like when a thief breaks in to your place electrocutes himself and dies and his family successfully sues you .....these things can and have happened.

It’s simply my belief that weapons should be secured ...especially for those who may or may not have a signifgiant armory in there homes (which I realize doesn’t apply to any of us here at OSA)

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the definition of "secured" is not as defined as you think it is

Seems to me, behind locked and closed door would be secured, no?

Where do we draw the line? Do they also need trigger locks while in the safe, while behind locked/deadbolted/security system armed doors? Man I hope not.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We settled this argument almost 2 years ago
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/stolen-gun.224506/
You want a little cheese with that whine? Sorry but as gun owners we have the responsibility to be smart with our firearms and leaving them in a car overnight is not smart. The thief gets 75% of the blame because he committed the crime, the owner that left it in the car gets 25% for leaving a gun in an easy to get to location.

the store owner is 25% responsible. That store was begging for it by being outfitted inappropriately.

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the definition of "secured" is not as defined as you think it is

Seems to me, behind locked and closed door would be secured, no?

Where do we draw the line? Do they also need trigger locks while in the safe, while behind locked/deadbolted/security system armed doors? Man I hope not.

Would you leave 10 AR’s/Ak’s sitting out in your living room leaning against the wall at your home when nobody is there? I mean a quick door kick or sledgehammer and thieves (even dumb ones) are through most front doors ? In under a minute they can have the weapons and be gone ? I am just saying I think people with that kind of armament might want to secure the weapons in a safe, this is just my opinion. A gun safe / cabinet makes it appear you at least care about keeping those weapons out of the wrong hands. I mean, alarms, cameras, and a safe for me is secure and hard to argue that I didn’t do my part in securing them.

This is my opinion and it’s worth exactly what you paid for it, if you have something that is dangerous and people want to steal .....you should consider extra steps to secure them. Take narcotics at the pharmacy they are in a locked vault in a locked store for a reason. **** you can’t even razors are kept secured in a store lol

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Would you leave 10 AR’s/Ak’s sitting out in your living room leaning against the wall at your home when nobody is there? I mean a quick door kick or sledgehammer and thieves (even dumb ones) are through most front doors ? In under a minute they can have the weapons and be gone ? I am just saying I think people with that kind of armament might want to secure the weapons in a safe, this is just my opinion. A gun safe / cabinet makes it appear you at least care about keeping those weapons out of the wrong hands. I mean, alarms, cameras, and a safe for me is secure and hard to argue that I didn’t do my part in securing them.

This is my opinion and it’s worth exactly what you paid for it, if you have something that is dangerous and people want to steal .....you should consider extra steps to secure them. Take narcotics at the pharmacy they are in a locked vault in a locked store for a reason. **** you can’t even razors are kept secured in a store lol

I support the 2nd Amendment, buuuuuttt.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom