Tulsa gun shop broken into overnight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You didn’t answer my question ......If I brought a weapon in for work or repair would my weapon be stored in a safe when nobody was in the shop? Or would it sit out on a bench someplace ?

All of our firearms are secured behind two locks. We have insurance to cover any loses due to theft.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are being unreasonable; completely nonsensical. The guns WERE NOT left out on a bench.

They were locked up, inside a locked store; and out of view.

Second, storing a customers item securely has nothing to do with it being a firearm. That has to do with protecting a customers assets and insurance. I would expect no different from a gunsmith than I would a jeweler.

Lol.... well someone had previously viewed them ....hell they knew exactly where to go and what to drive through?

And most jewelers (since you brought it up) that I have ever known put their **** in a vault (especially the high end stuff)......every single night the display cases were emptied and put into a safe. Frankly I surprised a gun dealers isn’t required to do the same based on insurance requirements (now that I think about it)

And I am not being nonsensical I have some work I want done damn it , and I am asking in earnest about the storage (it just so happens it fits this discussion) :laugh6:

Regards,

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not saying they bear any legal responsibility, just some common sense responsibility .....a 1000.00 dollar safe and 15 bucks in bolts could have secured those 10 weapons and made them much more difficult to thrive .....the place is in a strip mall if memory serves .....

So behind two walls that had to be destroyed with a 5000 lb automobile isn't secured? Would 4 walls have been better?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm betting they had more than $1000 worth of security already. We have no direct knowledge of what kind of door, or walls were in place currently.

And I also don't think the 12 ARs stolen were the only guns the store had, so "a 1000.00 dollar safe and 15 bucks in bolts" almost certainly wouldn't have "secured" all of the guns they had. And who's to say they didn't have a safe, with more valuable items inside it?

You're trying to bind someone based on your version of "common sense" which is based completely on assumption and emotion.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_AO5ttMs.gif
I get all my work done at
Mst3k gun shop

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm betting they had more than $1000 worth of security already. We have no direct knowledge of what kind of door, or walls were in place currently.

And I also don't think the 12 ARs stolen were the only guns the store had, so "a 1000.00 dollar safe and 15 bucks in bolts" almost certainly wouldn't have "secured" all of the guns they had. And who's to say they didn't have a safe, with more valuable items inside it?

You're trying to bind someone based on your version of "common sense" which is based completely on assumption and emotion.

I am note trying to bind them, just stating that I would “in their shoes” never leave the guns out of the safe overnight (even though it’s a pain in the ass to lock it all up) unless I was sleeping right next to it. If they manage to break in to the building, and crack my safes and then steal them (well I personally would feel like I did my part to secure them).....l just like narcotics at the pharmacy, or jewelry and the jewelers (they are usually stored in a safe or vault) why? Because people really like to steal **** like this and that’s why they go in the safe.....

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Possibly , but crack open the safe with your automobile and tell me how that works out?
With an SUV (and an appropriate chain/strap), your "15 bucks in bolts" become irrelevant. Strap up, pull the thing off the bolts (either the heads fail or the concrete anchors fail), then load it in the back and be gone. Open the safe on your own time at your undisclosed location.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With an SUV (and an appropriate chain/strap), your "15 bucks in bolts" become irrelevant. Strap up, pull the thing off the bolts (either the heads fail or the concrete anchors fail), then load it in the back and be gone. Open the safe on your own time at your undisclosed location.

lol, ok I will let you and one of your biggest buddies flip my full safe in the back of your truck ......... now if you are rolling up with Svend Karlsen then maybe you have a shot of flipping it up in the back of your pick up..... and then you have to make a switch from your stolen ramming vehicle to your get away vehicle......... my guess is with safes the thieves don’t make the attempt (and these thieves either had inside help or had cased the place very well).......

Latest posts

Top Bottom