Tulsa Gun Show Memorial Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OF INTEREST TO ME

I barely glance at DEALER tables, full of plastic fantasics. Tables full of scopes.
Booths full of ballistic nylon. I have no use for.

Knives get a scan. Ammo on small quantities get a look, tables full of ammo get ignored. Scentsy, jewelry, purses, craftshow, candles, toys, AR parts, get ignored.
Honey and jerky vendors, I check out.

Previously loved Firearms, private sales and leather are MY interest. So, yes, some shows are 99% of no interest to me. That 1% can be quite exciting, though.

I love me some plastics so you can just imagine how much fun I have! Then when I find that bin of AK parts I’m in heaven. Or that guy that has two 9396 75 rd drums listed at “parts kits“ for $10 each because he doesn’t know to reset the springs (Yeah, that happened).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are so confused or just a troll. It is not the least bit difficult for me to not buy anything overpriced. But as several people on here have stated they are 99% junk so I don't even want to waste my time going. No fear whatsoever.

Just going off your words....

"I would be very leery of anything that looked like a bargain"

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not barking at anyone. I'm just expressing my opinion based on the last shows I went to and warning some that there are no good deals at them any more. How can that hurt you or anyone else if you are not so defensive of what you are trying to pull on them?

Interesting that you don't go to gun shows any more, but you have the opinion that "there are no good deals at them any more."

So, if you are NOT going to gun shows, how can you legitimately make the argument that "there are no good deals?"

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be very leery of anything that looked like a bargain
I have never went to a gun show, and not find at least one deal. Are there some over priced guns and ammo, sure but that is with anything and every where. Want to see over priced guns, go to Bass Pro or Cabelas. At least at the gun shows, your around like minded people and you get to see some eye candy. On second thought forget everything I just posted, and stay at home being miserable.
BTW, last gun show at Okc Fairgrounds I picked up a like new Sig P365 w/Wilson receiver in factory box for $425. From a dealer.

Last edited:

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow 90-99% is no interest or overpriced junk? That is probably worse than I even remember. That's pathetic!
At 99% ,the given number of guns I'm looking to buy will be less than the 1% that are there. I'm usually open to something different if it catches my eye. But most of the time I have 2 or 3 guns I'm really looking for at the time. Besides, it's more of seeing what's actually still around or maybe coming across something you haven't saw in years. It's not like buying a car, you pay what is agreed on, nothing more. If not walk away, not hard.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't bother with gun shows at all anymore. If they have anything worth even looking at, they are trying to stick it to a buyer who is too stupid to know what he is looking at and probably buying the seller's bull siht.
That's quite a generalization you just made. As a dealer, I really don't appreciate your comments... Texan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom