Tulsa gun show worth going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fingers crossed. This is my first time to go in probably 8 years. Hoping to find a nice lefty rifle that tickles my fancy. Or another walther

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be there Saturday. First time I've been able to make a saturday show, but I had PTO to burn off before Dec 14th, so took a 2 week vacation. I'll probably be wearing a demolitia shirt and my OSA hat given to me by a secret santa last year.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went last year. I remember it was nice seeing all the people gathering together, hardly a mask to be found, but the prices were nuts. It was difficult to find a bargain when people were paying, what I felt to be, super high prices. I found a CZ rifle that I tried to do a little negotiating on, but the dealer wouldn't budge a single dollar. He probably didn't have to, but I wasn't prepared to pay super pandemic pricing. In all honesty though, after a while, I get tired of looking at the same SAA's, SW's, etc. at every other table. They are nice guns, but my old knees get tired of putting in the miles trying to find something unique. I told myself last year that I wasn't going to go back, just to look at the same stuff all over again, but here I am thinking about going!
We just walk every other row, I go with a bunch of retired guys with various ailments, and we all get irritated by the people on scooters trying to run people over. I forgot it was this weekend or I’d gone again.

I think the only thing I’ve actually bought there was knife blanks and cylinder and slide trigger kits. Everything else has always been way overpriced.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably pick up a gun cheaper than a box of ammo.
…ammo prices always seem to get stupid at these shows!
One of the years I decided to not go to the show, I was at Walmart in Broken Arrow buying something in the gun section. Two guys were buying all the 223 ammo Walmart had. I asked them if they were buying it for the show and they said yes. I just grinned.

They paid retail and were going to mark it up even more. Whatever the market will bear.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went last year. I remember it was nice seeing all the people gathering together, hardly a mask to be found, but the prices were nuts. It was difficult to find a bargain when people were paying, what I felt to be, super high prices. I found a CZ rifle that I tried to do a little negotiating on, but the dealer wouldn't budge a single dollar. He probably didn't have to, but I wasn't prepared to pay super pandemic pricing. In all honesty though, after a while, I get tired of looking at the same SAA's, SW's, etc. at every other table. They are nice guns, but my old knees get tired of putting in the miles trying to find something unique. I told myself last year that I wasn't going to go back, just to look at the same stuff all over again, but here I am thinking about going!
This is the issue I have, it seems like they stopped having the cool stuff a few years back and there are only so many tables full of cowboy rifles I care to see in a given weekend. Now I only go if I am specifically looking for something specific.

Carson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy going when I get the chance. It's a 5 hour drive, but it's a good time. I usually take one or two to offer as trade bait and leave them in the truck.. if you're walking around with something, *everyone* will ask you what you have and you'll never make it through the show unless you ignore all the questions. That is my main advice, walk around the show without a firearm. There's often people with a wad of cash who hang out just outside the entry door who will offer to buy anything you're bringing in.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys -
I’ve never been so was wondering if it’s worth the drive from OKC or can I find better deals locally here?
Thanks in advance
Back in about 1982, arrived when they opened I had a bunch of fun with some very cool dealers and collectors at the full IPE building size show one Saturday.. I finished the day to go home with a NIB 6" Ruger Security Six, holster, speed loaders and 200rds of ammo, a Interarms Manlicher stock Mark X 243 with Red field TV view 3-9x40 mounted, hard case, ammo and sling.
Prior to that starting the morning with a BRNO 8mm in only fair condition, mediocre bore condition as trade fodder, I swapping, barter and traded 12 different guns with only $100 cash added during the day to get the Security 6. Left for home at 5
Wife said, $100 is all the cash you spent at the gun show?
Yes mam, kisses

Latest posts

Top Bottom