Tulsa gun show worth going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys -
I’ve never been so was wondering if it’s worth the drive from OKC or can I find better deals locally here?
Thanks in advance
If you've never been. YES!! You will never seen anything like it even at the NRA event. It takes all day spending only about 15 seconds at each booth.
I've been a few times and loved it but since my thing, I can't handle it. Good idea is to walk it with a paper and pencil to write down the exact spot you found something you want, the price and move on. Then I'd go back and get it when I was done if there's still time. Mostly I'd just come the next day early and get it. PS...Get there early and buy your tickets outside.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just talked to one of the guys we always set up with. Their sales were down a little, but good. A gentleman bought a gun yesterday from a dealer across the aisle. Walked down to the lower level and dropped it, and Oh My, it fired. Joe and his crack security team was able to review the security cameras and determined that the customer did not load the piece, and promptly banned the dealer for life. Fortunately there were no injuries.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If one was looking for main stream modern firearms, the great deals were few and far between. I did find a few dealers selling at very good prices and had good selection. To me the finds are the older oddball or not so popular rifles. Lots of click clack 22’s in nice condition in the $150-$175 range. Lots of older single shot and bolt action shotguns, also in the $150 range. I prematurely grabbed a CMP issued Mossberg 44US 22lr. Very good shape and bore is like brand new. I paid $325 for it which I think was fair based on how few are available for sale. It is one of the roughly 30% that are not tapped for a scope mount and that is a bit of a let down as the peep sight is a challenge for these old eyes.
I may go back tomorrow and grab a click clack or two.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went looking specifically for a Thompson Center Encore and Rossi 44 lever guns. We found one Encore in 308. We found one Rossi 44 lever with octagon barrel and blue and two Rossi's in 45 Colt. That is all. Walked all the concrete my knee could stand.
That was the most Winchester lever guns I have ever seen at a show before. A bunch of Colt SAA too. I was going to buy some ammo but passed. A guy there had a S&W Schofield #3 that was Tiffany engraved in the 1880's with ivory grip panels, incredible looking handgun.
After we left we went to Dongs, I bought a 16" Rossi 44 lever out the door for less than I can get one on GunBroker and pay shipping, tax and transfer. Whole transaction took less than 30 minutes and we drove out to a friend's range in Mannford, ran about 50 rnds of 44 special through the Rossi, it was dead on out of the box, we drove back to Stillwater in TCU & OSU GameDay traffic. Got home, ordered Pizza Hut, it got here fast and hot, life is good

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I were there between 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM. We thought the crowd was on the light side of moderate, and it thinned out after lunchtime. Certainly not as populated as it was say 5 years ago, so I find it interesting some of you folks thought it was crowded. We also noticed at least several rows of tables had been removed from the floor plan of previous years, and the existing aisles were wider especially on the upper level. We also saw quite a few empty tables, mostly at the western end. The eastern end on the lower level was further in from the Expo’s wall, too. Definitely a smaller show this time around.

I took four M1 Garand stocks and a leather Garand scabbard to sell, and a vendor bought three of the stocks right away and another vendor snapped up the scabbard. I knew my prices were low, and they knew it too. I’d have rather the items went to individuals who would use them for their own rifles, but I had no nibbles at all for the first half hour till we talked to the two vendors. Then boom, I was down to the one stock.

We were hoping to see a Springfield SA-35, but had no luck. As I told my gf, if there were any at the show, they would likely have sold within minutes of the show’s opening, if not the day before. Ah well, we’ll see one eventually. As it was, we came home with the latest copy of the Blue Book and a new custom set of ear molds for my gf’s work place. We had a good time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom