Tulsa gun show worth going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did find a PDP at a more than fair price. Good Enough that I kinda feel slightly bad. And one of the optics places was fair on price. Only thing that evaded me was a 308 lefty. I saw one kid carrying something that looked promising but I got stuck in a pile of people and never caught him

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I were there between 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM. We thought the crowd was on the light side of moderate, and it thinned out after lunchtime. Certainly not as populated as it was say 5 years ago, so I find it interesting some of you folks thought it was crowded. We also noticed at least several rows of tables had been removed from the floor plan of previous years, and the existing aisles were wider especially on the upper level. We also saw quite a few empty tables, mostly at the western end. The eastern end on the lower level was further in from the Expo’s wall, too. Definitely a smaller show this time around.

I took four M1 Garand stocks and a leather Garand scabbard to sell, and a vendor bought three of the stocks right away and another vendor snapped up the scabbard. I knew my prices were low, and they knew it too. I’d have rather the items went to individuals who would use them for their own rifles, but I had no nibbles at all for the first half hour till we talked to the two vendors. Then boom, I was down to the one stock.

We were hoping to see a Springfield SA-35, but had no luck. As I told my gf, if there were any at the show, they would likely have sold within minutes of the show’s opening, if not the day before. Ah well, we’ll see one eventually. As it was, we came home with the latest copy of the Blue Book and a new custom set of ear molds for my gf’s work place. We had a good time!
I was looking for the SA35 as well.
This year I started at the lower level and spent about three hours or so perusing that area. I saw several of the vintage 22’s on that level. I then went to the upper level and started at the far west end and worked about 1/3 of way. By that point I was spent. All those small steps over 5 hours, combined with the heat, broke me. 😂
Really want to go back tomorrow for a little, however not sure we will be able to or not.
PS I did see a kid snag a new HOLOSUN 407k X2 for $150.00 It was bundled with a pistol and he talked the dealer into selling it separately. Pretty good deal for him.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience, first thing Sunday morning is the best time to see things at the big show. The aisles are not at all crowded and you can really see what is on the tables. After a couple of hours it starts to fill back up, but get there early, and you'll be able to see a lot more show, a whole lot easier.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a good time today. Found the 1903 Mark1 bolt I needed. Also found an unmodified M1 Garand rear Handguard for 10 bucks. Didn’t even look at the ammo.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if y'all found a SA-35 at the show, the price would be retarded. Had some friends go, they said the prices were insane. I have a pass for tomorrow but I think it will be as waste of time.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if y'all found a SA-35 at the show, the price would be retarded. Had some friends go, they said the prices were insane. I have a pass for tomorrow but I think it will be as waste of time.
Well, they had calendar girls signing autograph calendars, so it won’t be entirely a waste of time. I’m fairly sure one of them even liked me.

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just talked to one of the guys we always set up with. Their sales were down a little, but good. A gentleman bought a gun yesterday from a dealer across the aisle. Walked down to the lower level and dropped it, and Oh My, it fired. Joe and his crack security team was able to review the security cameras and determined that the customer did not load the piece, and promptly banned the dealer for life. Fortunately there were no injuries.
What ever happened to checking a weapon to see it one in chamber before handling?

Latest posts

Top Bottom