Tulsa gun show worth going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I broke down and went this morning. Was looking for somebody carrying around a used savage axis stealth in '06 or 308.
A Ruger RPR in 308 A Ruger American predator in 308. Or Tikka Or Howa with threaded barrel.
No Axis stealth any caliber
No RPR any caliber
Ruger Americans 2- 6.5 creed. 1- 308 on tables
The two 6.5 were priced silly for used guns at $600+
The 308 was supposedly new but was priced $550 +tax + 4473
Well I'm sorry but every store in town they are $449-499

I did see a lot of things reasonable priced but, I already have safes full of that stuff and don't need anymore.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went hoping to find some 45-70 for a decent price most of it was $70 -$100 a box.Seen a few decent deals but most of the ammo was insane.Saw a Glock 19X for $749.00 and a Mini 14 for $1850 crazy people.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went hoping to find some 45-70 for a decent price most of it was $70 -$100 a box.Seen a few decent deals but most of the ammo was insane.Saw a Glock 19X for $749.00 and a Mini 14 for $1850 crazy people.
The worst I saw was stripped Anderson lowers for $250 Firm. No BGC required. And we wonder why Gun Shows get a bad rap.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back. Show was slow. I'm guessing dealers had one of the worst show sales in years. I would say half the people walking around had dealer badges on.

Price analysis is from my perspective. Which is I only look at milsurp stuff from about 1870- present day. Prices were high, but not overly so when you include the recent spat of firearms inflation. However, I pay zero attention to Fudd stuff, ammo and modern non .mil guns.

I sold a bone stock Romanian AK-74 WASR for $1000 and a pretty beat up (but totally functional) Type 53 Mosin for $300.

I picked up an Argie 1891 Cavalry Carbine for $450 which IMO is a very good deal. I always find one of two good deals at Wannemacher. But then my focus is secondary market milsurp.

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most years I go and don't buy anything, but I like to look. Getting harder for me to get motivated to walk around all day with my bad back, so I did the lower level and part of the upper on Sat and the rest of the upper level and a re-walk of part of the lower level today. Bought a Colt M1877 in .41 caliber (Thunderer of John Wesley Hardin, Billy the Kid and possibly Doc Holliday fame although Doc may have had a M1877 in .38 Lightning) on Sat. Was looking for a 3rd model Colt SAA today and the best deal I found was $300.00 cheaper than I've seen anywhere else - unfortunately I didn't take enough money out of the bank and the seller (from Miss) didn't take credit cards. Wish I'd walked a little more on Saturday... Bummer, but still glad I tortured myself to go walk around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom