Tulsa gun show worth going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the Colt Thunderer I bought at the show on Saturday.
Thunderer.jpg

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went Saturday morning and I was very unimpressed... I saw basic hunting grade 30-06 for 3 bucks a round and I had a H&K Uspc40 I was trying to sell with dies and bullets (couldn't bring my 1k plus rounds inside the show which is BS) and everyone I showed it to was like " oh it's a .40? Nevermind I don't want that POS..." Oh, ok how about you tell that to the border patrol and numerous police departments that use .40 all day long? I saw the same old ass boxes of hunting ammo for 3-4 bucks a round that are always at every gun show... I skipped like half the show and left after 1.5 hours. I will not be going to another one of their shows.

Sorry, but .40's just aren't in demand anymore. Nothing wrong with the caliber, but the demand for it just isn't there anymore. Unfortunately the prices reflect that.

OTOH, it is great for people that can't or don't want to pay for a 9mm but can still get a great gun with a decent caliber for a cheaper price.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, on the way back home, me and dad stopped by Cabela's and they had blazer aluminum 165gr fmj 40SW ammo for $37 a box!!?? Good thing I have stuff to load my own, and a stockpile of factory ammo... I did get the only 2 Magpul M118LR 25rd AR-10 mags Cabela's had so it wasn't a total bust.

The gun is the cheaper part. Not the ammo. :0)

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went Saturday morning and I was very unimpressed... I saw basic hunting grade 30-06 for 3 bucks a round and I had a H&K Uspc40 I was trying to sell with dies and bullets (couldn't bring my 1k plus rounds inside the show which is BS) and everyone I showed it to was like " oh it's a .40? Nevermind I don't want that POS..." Oh, ok how about you tell that to the border patrol and numerous police departments that use .40 all day long? I saw the same old ass boxes of hunting ammo for 3-4 bucks a round that are always at every gun show... I skipped like half the show and left after 1.5 hours. I will not be going to another one of their shows.
I’ve been getting several requests for 40 caliber at every show I do and have sold several. Had several requests at this show and I was out. Depends on who ya talk to.

As for not coming back to this show, all I can say is it’s your loss in my opinion.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a person enjoys any aspect of the firearms hobby, there is always plenty to see. I enjoy seeing items that I’ve never seen before, or at least for a long time. I enjoy talking to those that know some history of what they are selling, and even those that have an inflated view of what they have. This year is the first time in about 50 years that I haven’t been able to spend the weekend 5here with a group of good friends. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t come home with something other than what I had taken in on Friday morning. Even if some prices were higher than what I wanted to pay, I always found something that was calling my name. Life’s too short to look for things to complain about when there is always good things to enjoy.
Looking forward to the April show and getting back to normal.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a person enjoys any aspect of the firearms hobby, there is always plenty to see. I enjoy seeing items that I’ve never seen before, or at least for a long time. I enjoy talking to those that know some history of what they are selling, and even those that have an inflated view of what they have. This year is the first time in about 50 years that I haven’t been able to spend the weekend 5here with a group of good friends. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t come home with something other than what I had taken in on Friday morning. Even if some prices were higher than what I wanted to pay, I always found something that was calling my name. Life’s too short to look for things to complain about when there is always good things to enjoy.
Looking forward to the April show and getting back to normal.
Amen to this.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

To the guys in this thread that have said they wont go back to this show, what other show are you going to? I promise its all downhill from this show. OKC shows are nearly twice the price for admission and will have 1/10th the tables, if you're lucky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom