Tulsa gun show worth going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

405ArcheryShooter

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, fellas. I did make it to the show this weekend and it was quite the sight. Although I didn't pickup anything, I'm glad that we still have large venues like that for gunowners to get together, chat and trade.
I know I'm late but I'm from Tulsa and imo that is THE only gunshow worth attending.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been going to every show for several years now. My buddy & I drive up early from OKC, walk 5 miles through the show and then go eat at Fat Guys Burgers afterwards.

I get to see some friends I've made over the years, checkout the featured vendor display (this year was Ruger) and generally fellowship with other gun owners.

I used to see Wayne Lapierre at the show, but he doesn't show up anymore ... what does that say?

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to go but I have too much pain in my right heel to walk for hours on cement. I would have been looking for a remington 513 or other vintage rimfires. I used to go with my Dad back in the 70's when he would set up and we would stay in the parking lot in an overhead camper. Anyone remember the Indian Territory shows.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanenmacher is THE show in Tulsa.

OKC fairgrounds is THE joke.

Some good shows around the State, depending on who promoter is. But, they are small.

Tulsa Largest in the World. Not by a long shot. Houston gun show is held at George R Brown Convention Center. Impossible to walk the entire show in 1 day.
Same building as Shot Show, a few years back. Rep Nat'l Convention in 2000.

Dallas and Tulsa are close in size

I didn't make Tulsa, last weekend. Had plans to go. Sickness changed it.

I hope to come April, or whenever it is

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been going to every show for several years now. My buddy & I drive up early from OKC, walk 5 miles through the show and then go eat at Fat Guys Burgers afterwards.

I get to see some friends I've made over the years, checkout the featured vendor display (this year was Ruger) and generally fellowship with other gun owners.

I used to see Wayne Lapierre at the show, but he doesn't show up anymore ... what does that say?
I did see that one guy from the NRA gun reviews/appraisals (Jim Supica). He was very nice and friendly.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He used to get some of the old western tv actors to come up, I've seen James Drury, Dale Robertson, Dan Haggarty and Buck Taylor still sets up I seen him Saturday morning. Hank Williams Jr. Had a booth set up a few years back selling guns.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wanenmacher is THE show in Tulsa.

OKC fairgrounds is THE joke.

Some good shows around the State, depending on who promoter is. But, they are small.

Tulsa Largest in the World. Not by a long shot. Houston gun show is held at George R Brown Convention Center. Impossible to walk the entire show in 1 day.
Same building as Shot Show, a few years back. Rep Nat'l Convention in 2000.

Dallas and Tulsa are close in size

I didn't make Tulsa, last weekend. Had plans to go. Sickness changed it.

I hope to come April, or whenever it is

Wannemacher is an awesome show. Even if every single thing is 5x overpriced it is worth the $10 just to see stuff you won't see anywhere else. Even in museums. And you can handle them. Worth it.

For example, where else are you going to see 7 FR-F2's all lined up in a row and you get to shoulder one?

Dallas Market Hall is my 2nd favorite show.

I rarely leave either of those shows without 2 items.

Latest posts

Top Bottom