Tulsa gun show worth going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went Saturday morning and I was very unimpressed... I saw basic hunting grade 30-06 for 3 bucks a round and I had a H&K Uspc40 I was trying to sell with dies and bullets (couldn't bring my 1k plus rounds inside the show which is BS) and everyone I showed it to was like " oh it's a .40? Nevermind I don't want that POS..." Oh, ok how about you tell that to the border patrol and numerous police departments that use .40 all day long? I saw the same old ass boxes of hunting ammo for 3-4 bucks a round that are always at every gun show... I skipped like half the show and left after 1.5 hours. I will not be going to another one of their shows.
So youre never coming back because no one liked the caliber of your gun?

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the guys in this thread that have said they wont go back to this show, what other show are you going to? I promise its all downhill from this show. OKC shows are nearly twice the price for admission and will have 1/10th the tables, if you're lucky.
Lol.... the same guys say that every year. On Halloween they get pissed that too many kids ring their door bell.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every gunshow in OKC has been $14 for a long time which not nearly twice the price. Also ,we went as a stakeout for future visits as a dealer and we we not impressed with the same old overpriced stuff that is always at every other show that we go to and coupled with the fact that the table cost is astronomical compared to other show sponsors such as Oklahoma Gun Shows(Jerry and Trish are good people and have been nothing but helpful to us). We quit doing Claude Halls shows as his seem do be kinda slow and RK is a joke IMHO as we actually lost money the one show we did through them and we will not be doing another. So yeah, I apologize if I come across as whiney but we are a father son start up gun business that is simply trying to build clout with distributors in order to get set up as a brick and mortar store. Like, we don't give retail prices for trades, but that's because a lot of guns people bring are kinda unique and require a certain person to come along and realize what it is and then buy it which doesn't happen much... So before I violate any more OpSec than I already have, I'll shut up and let y'all roast me for giving a damn.

No roasting from me. I'm just trying to understand. You're out on Wanenmacher, Claude Hall and RK show? Sounds like you may be painting yourself into a corner. Not much left to choose from past these. I wish you good luck with the business.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To the guys in this thread that have said they wont go back to this show, what other show are you going to? I promise its all downhill from this show. OKC shows are nearly twice the price for admission and will have 1/10th the tables, if you're lucky.

Personally speaking, and I used to go the Wane twice a year, and there was another somewhat large one that was good, can't remember the name. However, now, I don't go to any shows any more. Most have overpriced garbage at best. I say this because the standard of the shows of old, including Wane, have me spoiled. Now I get perusing the smaller shows in hopes of finding a good deal, I just don't have the time, because they are fewer and far between. The Wane has become extremely disappointing. You used to have a bunch of quality vendors come in from out of state, for whatever reason, they don't come now. It seems now you just have a lot of guys living off hype and fear trying to make their mortgage off you.

Let's put it this way, on this board for YEARS after every Wane you'd have thread of "what'd ya get" and it would be full of cool stuff........ now..... not so much.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see what you mean... I am just saying from doing business with Claude and RK is very slow and with Jerry and Trish, we have way more sales on average. So we have decided to just do their shows from now on and we may decide to just bite the bullet and try Wanenmacher in the spring and see it from the dealer perspective. I just was saddened at the "largest gunshow in OK" have the same old stuff as every other show we have been to.
"Same old stuff?"........................... Wow! Just wow !!

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The largest gun show and they have the same old stuff. 😅 Well yea, but they have more of it to choose from. Your'e not stuck with the couple of examples in your town.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love going just to see all the stuff that you can't see anywhere else, and I usually find something or two that I didn't know I need. Made a good deal on a rifle I was looking for this time. The deals are there you just have to look for them or get lucky. Lord how I wish I could win the lottery right before going!! My only problem is I run out of gas before I walk it all. 2 days would be perfect then could take my time but I only get a day plus its a 3 hr drive from my house so makes for a long day!!! Love going to it though.
My Taste are a little different though, I collect WWII militaria (primarily German helmets, medals and Japanese Swords) but I look at all of it and I love guns of early America and the old west, so traditional Blackpowders, lever actions and single shot rifles like low walls, high walls, ballards and sharps grab my attention, the modern stuff I can just cruise on by.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom