Tulsa homeowner shoots man outside home.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy, like Ersland, should have lawyered up immediately and remained silent. Not an easy thing in the moment though, I'm sure.
I was going to say the same thing, can't undo the damage he's done to himself at this point.

"All this happened so quickly I'm still trying to sort it out, I need to have an attorney present when we discuss what happened."

Better have a good Attorney already identified.

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just another reminder we have a legal system that has nothing to do with morality. Best case scenario for this guy is the process is the punishment.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing, can't undo the damage he's done to himself at this point.

"All this happened so quickly I'm still trying to sort it out, I need to have an attorney present when we discuss what happened."

Better have a good Attorney already identified.
In a pinch?

Call Hensch!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the guy who shot did wrong - but will walk away ok -- what will save him is he shot the man in the front [vs back running away] as he was coming at him and can claim he expected the thief to take his weapon and use it on him - if the DA believes the thief said "you won't shoot me" and proceeded toward the man with the gun he will not be charged JMO
A friend shot and killed two punks that kicked in his RV door, and started in on him, his wife, and two small grand-kids, in Florida years ago. He only fired one shot, that hit both these morons in the head, lined up like chickens I guess. This shooting was ruled justifiable, and he won all the law suits over the next few years. This was over 20 years ago, and HIS lawyers fees only amounted to a little over $400,000.00! He couldn't make the people that filed the law suits, and lost, pay his Florida lawyers, because they didn't have any money! Needless to say this put a damper on his retirement! But he won, I GUESS?

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend shot and killed two punks that kicked in his RV door, and started in on him, his wife, and two small grand-kids, in Florida years ago. He only fired one shot, that hit both these morons in the head, lined up like chickens I guess. This shooting was ruled justifiable, and he won all the law suits over the next few years. This was over 20 years ago, and HIS lawyers fees only amounted to a little over $400,000.00! He couldn't make the people that filed the law suits, and lost, pay his Florida lawyers, because they didn't have any money! Needless to say this put a damper on his retirement! But he won, I GUESS?
^This right here is why I have CC Insurance for both the wife and I. I pray I never have to use it

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's play what if for a minute....

What if the homeowner was a cop? Would he be justified in shooting the guy when he took an aggressive posture, refused to show his hands and made furtive movements as he lunged at the officer?

If the officer was off duty it would depend on the department’s Use of Force Policy.

We sure love to fantasize about vigilantes making the world a safer and better place but that’s not reality. As a society we don’t permit vigilantism and this is a case where the homeowner was a vigilante.

Last edited:

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Criminal justice is a joke. He'd be better off burying the scum bag in his yard. Gotta be pretty easy to get away with. Whats up with all the thieves in Tulsa? Okc isn't the best but Tulsa is ****.

Latest posts

Top Bottom