Tulsa is tied with Indianapolis as the fastest-diversifying big city in the nation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://ktul.com/news/local/tulsa-becomes-majority-minority-city
e6e001e7-6fc4-4a23-9181-b5646af63e35-medium16x9_tulsadiversity2010new.png

4df74610-c455-47c9-9a50-29e74182cc22-medium16x9_cityoftulsadiversity2020.png

"I think that shows that our community is getting diverse it's also getting diverse more quickly," said the City of Tulsa's Chief Resilience Officer Krystal Reyes. "Diversity brings ideas, it brings collaboration opportunities. It brings you know, talent for jobs. So I think, it's something that we really celebrate here in Tulsa."

While Melanie Poulter with the Census Information Center of Eastern Oklahoma believes the shift is a big deal, she said it isn't shocking.

"This is a nationwide trend for greater diversity, but it also just happens to be one of the highest in becoming more diverse over these last 10 years," she said, adding the data does not mean Tulsa is the most diverse city in the nation.

For Tulsans 18 and younger, Poulter said the data gives a glimpse into what the future Tulsa could look like.

"When you look at that population, you see even much greater diversity in the city of Tulsa," she explained. "It's showing that we are going to continue to become more diverse."

It's a change decades in the making.

"We're only going to be a better city by having an embracing that," said Reyes.

Tulsa County's diversity has also shifted this past decade, but not as drastically.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do wonder what that stats show about BA, Jenks, Glenpool, Bixby, etc, over that same time.

I grew up in Tulsa, I now live in Sapulpa. I have seen Tulsa change - some for better, some for worse.

How has all this diversity affected education? Why all these affluent folks be moving to the suburbs? I personally know one very rich family that promotes all things diverse and liberal, they dedicate loads of money towards these projects.

Where you think their kids go to school?

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally know one very rich family that promotes all things diverse and liberal, they dedicate loads of money towards these projects.

And, children, this is the exact methodology that allowed communists (generally from kalifornia) to infiltrate Oregon, Washington, Colorado, et al, and turn solidly red states to bright, bright blue.

And that's why I always hate to see cars (and, especially U-Hauls) with left coast tags.

I struck up a conversation with a guy in the ammo section at Walmart. He had just moved here from a liberal state to Jenks. He told me his objective was to get involved in local politics.

Those who hate America have a passion, viz. to complete the destruction of the Republic. So far, we (true Americans) have absolutely complied.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I think that shows that our community is getting diverse it's also getting diverse more quickly," said the City of Tulsa's Chief Resilience Officer Krystal Reyes. "Diversity brings ideas, it brings collaboration opportunities. It brings you know, talent for jobs. So I think, it's something that we really celebrate here in Tulsa."
It's amazing that the United States could have been built into one of the greatest countries in history, with mostly white people, and with the best ideas from lily-white Europe. And the same thing is happening there, the forced "diversification" of their populations as well. Who knew that the greatest historical leaps in science, music, architecture, etc., could have been so much more had there been less whites involved?

Latest posts

Top Bottom