Tulsa leaders look to Denver for ideas on how to end homelessness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back 25 years or so in Denver for youth baseball tourneys, it was very bad then. What surprised me most was the openness of drugs and liquor use visible in broad daylight. A huge part of Denver was full of it. Sounds like it hasn't changed much.
I had stopped to visit a buddy from the Marines when I moved to Alaska in 2013. It wasn't great then, but when I compare 2013 until now, it's mind boggling. Entire city smells like piss and there are transients on every corner and parking lot milling about.

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All these cities do is round them up on a bus and ship them to other cities. That’s how most of the homeless arrived down here. About the time I notice the homeless population has grown there will be a bus load or two shipped out of town to somewhere else. Give it a few months and the population will jump up again. You can almost measure the seasons by it.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way to end homelessness is to make it illegal to panhandle. It's not free speech, it's "transientism" and should be addressed as such. Once the word got out, that'd be the end of it. These migrant beggars would run to other states.
Or paintball. You could just open season on them and watch the fun.

Context, I personally know two "homeless" beggars - one is a 250lb woman that hates working and makes around 50k/year begging, and the other is a disabled vet that uses his begging money to buy booze. Both are able to pay their bills, one is lazy and the other is trying to drink himself to death. Neither deserve your handouts.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Cartman: "Californin nyu nyu nyuh"

It makes perfect sense to ship all the homless to California where the weather is always good so they don't die of heat stroke or cold.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. Denver, and most of the front range of Colorado, is pretty much on the road to becoming a liberal cesspool. It's not quite as bad as San Francisco yet, but the elected "leadership" is working hard to live up to that standard.

If he went to Denver to learn how NOT to solve the homeless problem, I could see how that was a good choice.

Colorado is just East California at this point. Has been for a while. That's precisely why I left there.
In Kansas, the PD's had Salvation Army money for lodging, meals and bus tickets. Guess which facility got used more. We would send them to Wichita. Wichita would bus them to Denver, OKC, or KCMO.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way to end homelessness is to make it illegal to panhandle. It's not free speech, it's "transientism" and should be addressed as such. Once the word got out, that'd be the end of it. These migrant beggars would run to other states.
Or paintball. You could just open season on them and watch the fun.

Context, I personally know two "homeless" beggars - one is a 250lb woman that hates working and makes around 50k/year begging, and the other is a disabled vet that uses his begging money to buy booze. Both are able to pay their bills, one is lazy and the other is trying to drink himself to death. Neither deserve your handouts.
There is a legless dude with Marine and US flags on his wheelchair. He works I-40 and Macarthur. I sharply saluted him once while driving by. He returned the salute very snappily with his LEFT HAND. The closest he's ever come to a marine is when he meets one.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Denver was ground zero for the "Colorado Project." Some billionaire Californians knew they could destroy Colorado the same way they destroyed California, viz. by seizing control of the major metropolitan areas. And, they did. Colorado's governor is from Kalifornia.

California is majority conservative, but the metro areas of LA, San Fran and Sac control the elections.

Ditto Colorado.

Which is why I'm watching, with interest, our metro areas (Tulsa and OKC) getting increasingly more liberal. And with liberalism always, ALWAYS, comes the inevitable social catastrophes. Such as, addicts in the streets living in boxes.

Is Oklahoma sure this is the direction we want to go?
Right! Watch what idiots do, then replicate.

Maybe they need to go to Venesuela. Looks like most if the Blue State morons served internships there.

Compassion for addicts should not include two things, enabling and unduly burdening society. The “undely” is the operative word. Obviously society is gonna pay some costs. Keeping that cost down should be a priority.

Latest posts

Top Bottom