Tulsa man shoots intruder...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in typical osa fashion here comes the gang of wise guys. I actually think the owner did a good job if you read my first post and I mention that it was most likely a tough shot do to the circumstances. I wasnt there so I dont have the right to be critical (which I wasnt). My comment more or less just came from thinking about the back stop that was "catching" those errant bullets.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in typical osa fashion here comes the gang of wise guys. I actually think the owner did a good job if you read my first post and I mention that it was most likely a tough shot do to the circumstances. I wasnt there so I dont have the right to be critical (which I wasnt). My comment more or less just came from thinking about the back stop that was "catching" those errant bullets.

I quoted your post in my reply so I'm pretty confident about what you posted.

Michael Brown

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well gillman does someone climbing through a window effect your accuracy that much? im not saying im a hot shot but if someone is climbing through a window and I fire multiple rounds they are going to get more from me than a shot to the hip especially if its just the length of a bedroom between us.
While I'm I'm reasonably confident that I can shoot circles around you (and have plenty of real world fight experience), I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that nobody will ever hear me make such claims as you have regarding a self defense situation.
:teach:

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I apologize for my wise guy antics. It's in my nature. If the homeowner scored a hit I say good for him. It definitely sent the right message to the hooligans trying to come into the house. Hopefully they learned a valuable lesson and the error of their ways.

Also, I think the percentage of people who are firearms enthusiasts and actually think about and train for these scenarios is very small. I am gun lover and have never had any formal training myself. I do have some competition experience and am fairly proficient with an ak and my pistol, but I'm no operator. So if a regular Joe who shoots rarely and thinks about what to do in a home invasion even less lands a hit with all the fear and adrenaline he was experiencing then he probably did fairly well all things considered. I'll bet the fundamentals of shooting are real easy to forget when your scared, hopped up in adrenaline and bad guys are crawling through your windows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom