Tulsa school district about to substitute biology classes with 3 weeks of indoctrination on "sex Ed".

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is this wrong?

"The sex ed program, called Positive Prevention PLUS, is an "evidence-based program" that "provides students with the knowledge, confidence, and skills necessary to reduce their risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), and unplanned pregnancy," according to the opt-out form, posted on the district’s website."
Biggest issue to me is it should be an opt-in not opt-out.

Next, there should be WAY more detail provided as to what the curriculum is.

I assume that the lectures can be recorded, right?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

A.Hinkle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggest issue to me is it should be an opt-in not opt-out.

Next, there should be WAY more detail provided as to what the curriculum is.

I assume that the lectures can be recorded, right?
Why? Are you not having conversations about sex education with your children? If not, I'd certainly hope your child learns about it from their school because its stuff that they need to know. The best prevention for STI's is education.

If you are already having conversations with your children about sex ed, then what are you worried about? Have a conversation with them during the time they are in the class and gauge their thoughts. Ask about what they are learning and what they think. Then supply your opinion.

This isn't targeted at elementary kids, its being taught to seventh graders and above.

I think a lot of you are willingly forgetting how early you started getting into some shenanigans

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why? Are you not having conversations about sex education with your children? If not, I'd certainly hope your child learns about it from their school because its stuff that they need to know. The best prevention for STI's is education.

If you are already having conversations with your children about sex ed, then what are you worried about? Have a conversation with them during the time they are in the class and gauge their thoughts. Ask about what they are learning and what they think. Then supply your opinion.

This isn't targeted at elementary kids, its being taught to seventh graders and above.

I think a lot of you are willingly forgetting how early you started getting into some shenanigans
You believe they are going to be teaching them about preventing pregnancy and STDs for 3 weeks?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Why do you think it should not be opt-in instead of opt-out?

Why do you think parents should not have more detail on the curriculum?

A.Hinkle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You believe they are going to be teaching them about preventing pregnancy and STDs for 3 weeks?
Oh my god yes and the kids should get refresher courses each year. If anything its a problem that they are only providing this to kids in a biology class, it should be taught to all students. Life outcomes of children born to parents who are themselves currently children are typically not great. And believe it or not its not as simple as 'wear a condom' kids need to be shown the why behind things as they aren't great at assessing consequences.

Remember these are 50 min classes, best case scenario we're talking 25 minutes of actual learning. 6.25 hours over the course of 3 weeks, or if we're assuming they are all sitting in there desks when the bell rings ready to dive in 12.5 hours. I have licenses that require more annual CE than that.

A.Hinkle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you think it should not be opt-in instead of opt-out?

Why do you think parents should not have more detail on the curriculum?
Because the most important thing is that kids get actual sex education. As many have pointed out school communication with parents is not great and its important that kids don't fall through the cracks.

As far as details on the curriculum I have no problem with those being disclosed and think the free flow of information is best in most cases.
Oh and also the laziest of google searches shows that the curriculum is publicly available:

https://amplifytulsa.org/resources/adults/tps/

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because the most important thing is that kids get actual sex education. As many have pointed out school communication with parents is not great and its important that kids don't fall through the cracks.

As far as details on the curriculum I have no problem with those being disclosed and think the free flow of information is best in most cases.
Oh and also the laziest of google searches shows that the curriculum is publicly available:

https://amplifytulsa.org/resources/adults/tps/
So, because communication between parents and the school is broken, you are good with just ramming in whatever curriculum the school deems appropriate? Regardless of whether the parent approves?

This part is indoctrination, not sex education. I'm ok with a slide saying if you have questions about x, y, z, contact John or Mary Doe. But the 'activities' referenced here are NOT sex education. How does the the study of gender expansive roles and LGBTQ+ (which is actually LGBTQIAA2S+ on Amplify's site) help prevent pregnancy and STIs?

Screenshot 2022-11-29 105842.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom