Tulsa school district about to substitute biology classes with 3 weeks of indoctrination on "sex Ed".

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.Hinkle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, when I was growing up people didn't discuss homosexuality in public, period. Dinnertime conversation - hell no.

It was generally accepted (correctly, IMHO) that homosexuality was deviant, abnormal behavior.

When I enlisted in the Navy, a fellow would get a free ticket home for being openly homosexual. Everyone knew they existed, everyone suspected who they were, but they kept that crap in check.

We have not advanced as a culture when we embrace these ideas and celebrate and normalize this garbage. I'm just glad I don't have young children that would be subjected to this kind of crap. Even a passing phrase that shows any tolerance of it is normalization.
I am also glad you don't have young children. Thank you for your service. I find your opinions hateful, but I would take up arms to defend your right to have those opinions. I hope that you don't have anyone nonheterosexual in your family, but if you do just try to give them a chance when they come out. I'm willing to bet you'll find they are the same person you loved before you knew their sexual preferences.

A.Hinkle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For sex education, no, I don't believe a dive into the various hypothetical genders is necessary. Is the story of how to not get an STI that different for lgbtq community? Seems like the technique would be similar.

And my recommendation to seek a third party seems pretty on point to me. If I'm sitting there as a TransTrans woman, I'd benefit from a counselor much more than listening to a bunch of 'plus' training with all my high school peers.

And again, the parent should affirmatively approve of the training after getting an accurate description of the content. The fact that the default setting is the opposite, is telling.
Hahaha agree to disagree I guess, I don't consider this a deep dive. There are a plethora of issues with our education system and I'm just hoping that you don't get so caught up on this non-issue that you fail to spotlight the problems that tangibly affect people

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, when I was growing up people didn't discuss homosexuality in public, period. Dinnertime conversation - hell no.

It was generally accepted (correctly, IMHO) that homosexuality was deviant, abnormal behavior.

When I enlisted in the Navy, a fellow would get a free ticket home for being openly homosexual. Everyone knew they existed, everyone suspected who they were, but they kept that crap in check.

We have not advanced as a culture when we embrace these ideas and celebrate and normalize this garbage. I'm just glad I don't have young children that would be subjected to this kind of crap. Even a passing phrase that shows any tolerance of it is normalization.

Deviant according to whom? Abnormal? Sure, from a biological standpoint... but we can apply that to all sorts of behaviors. Personally, I think it's a genetic anomaly, that was made worse by the "keep it quiet" generations of old. Those people had offspring when they otherwise wouldn't and nature would taken it's course in terms of those genes spreading in the pool.

I think we have advanced to the point to where it's none of anyone's business what two consenting adults do in their home. However, when adults try to push a narrative to kids that aren't theirs or try to gaslight kids into a perceived gender confusion fantasy, then we have a problem.

I have young kids..... and to be honest.... just like so many other aspects in the world.... you have to prepare them for it.

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hahaha agree to disagree I guess, I don't consider this a deep dive. There are a plethora of issues with our education system and I'm just hoping that you don't get so caught up on this non-issue that you fail to spotlight the problems that tangibly affect people
For the record, my kids would be allowed to go to this. We talk about all of it and I doubt they'd see anything new anyway. But to teach this type of thing should require parental consent. Not a, well, they didn't object, so they must approve, kind of attitude.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we have advanced to the point to where it's none of anyone's business what two consenting adults do in their home. However, when adults try to push a narrative to kids that aren't theirs or try to gaslight kids into a perceived gender confusion fantasy, then we have a problem.
This. I'm not saying we should raid homes or homosexual bars.

All I'm saying is we shouldn't normalize that behavior, especially when dealing with kids.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am also glad you don't have young children. Thank you for your service. I find your opinions hateful, but I would take up arms to defend your right to have those opinions. I hope that you don't have anyone nonheterosexual in your family, but if you do just try to give them a chance when they come out. I'm willing to bet you'll find they are the same person you loved before you knew their sexual preferences.
I don't care for most of my family anyway, and if the ones that I do like turn out to be flakes, I'll cease to hang out with them. They can go hang out with some other flakes.

I'm not much fun, anyway.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. I'm not saying we should raid homes or homosexual bars.

All I'm saying is we shouldn't normalize that behavior, especially when dealing with kids.

I don't know what's "normal" concerning adults anymore. But when it comes to kids, just fawking leave them alone and let them enjoy their innocence.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what's "normal" concerning adults anymore. But when it comes to kids, just fawking leave them alone and let them enjoy their innocence.
Yep, this. My primary annoyance on a lot of the multiple genders that have popped up is seeing kids trying to label themselves. When my pre-pubescent kids come in asking if we would still love them if they were gay, something is wrong. Trying to explain to them that they have a TON of biological, emotional, and mental developments ahead of them and are way too early in the game to try to put themselves in any box, it is obvious they see peers labelling themselves and acting out some play of what they see around them.

We spend a LOT of time reminding our kids to be cognizant of what they're worrying about. Lots of people in this world manufacture their own struggles and if we aren't careful they will drag us into their soap opera too. Focus on the real struggles and enjoy the parts of life where no struggle exists because struggle free moments are precious and hard earned. We can only hope our consistent messaging will slowly sink in and be valued as they mature.

In regards to sex ed stuff, I would be sincerely shocked if either of our kids hear anything sex related for the first time at school. Our kitchen table is treated like a therapist's couch, no topics are off limits to them and we will discuss whatever is on their mind with no judgement unless someone was harmed. The only catch is they have to listen to our guidance and opinion on the topic as well.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why? Are you not having conversations about sex education with your children? If not, I'd certainly hope your child learns about it from their school because its stuff that they need to know. The best prevention for STI's is education.

If you are already having conversations with your children about sex ed, then what are you worried about? Have a conversation with them during the time they are in the class and gauge their thoughts. Ask about what they are learning and what they think. Then supply your opinion.

This isn't targeted at elementary kids, its being taught to seventh graders and above.

I think a lot of you are willingly forgetting how early you started getting into some shenanigans
Probably going to be about using a cat box among other things!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It’s not gay if you’re underway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom