Tulsa Sportsworld gunsmiths

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
probably 40 years not enough problem to run me off!
I have purchased several guns from the place so it's not like I won't go in there. I was just relating my personal experience with the owner. There was one guy that worked the counter that I got along with real well. My favorite buying experience was back when old man Dong was still there. He had a bunch of guns on a high shelf at the back of the store. He said they were special because his wife had ordered them and didn't really want to sell them. I tried several times to buy a Win. 30/30 with octagonal barrel. I offered him $500 (over market value at the time) but he wouldn't take it. About a year later I went past their table at the Wan. gun show. There set the very rifle with a price tag of $350. I bought it. I will never forget the expression on his face when I told him I had offered him $500 just a year ago. Priceless. I still have the rifle.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Has any one taken a cz pistol to sportsworld for a cajun kit install? Or do you have recommendations for a smith in tulsa area to install?
You should have had David do the installation for you, regardless check with the gunsmith at 2A Shooting center. I've used them twice and have been satisfied.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have purchased several guns from the place so it's not like I won't go in there. I was just relating my personal experience with the owner. There was one guy that worked the counter that I got along with real well. My favorite buying experience was back when old man Dong was still there. He had a bunch of guns on a high shelf at the back of the store. He said they were special because his wife had ordered them and didn't really want to sell them. I tried several times to buy a Win. 30/30 with octagonal barrel. I offered him $500 (over market value at the time) but he wouldn't take it. About a year later I went past their table at the Wan. gun show. There set the very rifle with a price tag of $350. I bought it. I will never forget the expression on his face when I told him I had offered him $500 just a year ago. Priceless. I still have the rifle.
no offence taken been going down there since i could ride my bike . old man Fong used to keep my shot shell loader working for me.

Last edited:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had several guns repaired at Sportsworld. I’ve also had some vintage pistols they’ve sent off to be restored. Beautiful work.

Sportsworld has kept their prices fair, while other stores have gouged customers over ammo and gun pricing various times over the last 15 years.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had several guns repaired at Sportsworld. I’ve also had some vintage pistols they’ve sent off to be restored. Beautiful work.

Sportsworld has kept their prices fair, while other stores have gouged customers over ammo and gun pricing various times over the last 15 years.
Key word they had to send your stuff off. about all they can do is change parts and you could probably do that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom