Tulsa State Fair - No Concealed Carry in any building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked the OKC State Fair Grounds web site and could not find anything about concealed carry with a permit, so I sent them a e-mail asking for clarification. If I get a response, I'll post it.

Here is a copy of the message I sent-

-------------------------------
Greetings.

I am planning on attending the State Fair and would like to have clairification on the Fair's policy concerning 'Concealed Carry' firearms by permit holders while on the fairgrounds. There are signs posted at all the admission gates reading that no firearms are allowed.

But the state law under TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES reads

UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:

4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

Arguably, the buildings could be posted off limits to concealed carry permit holders... however no 'official government business' is being conducted with the public so the majority of the fair grounds building [specifically the restrooms] should not be restricted. Of course the fairgrounds offices and Law Enforcement / medical services outposts would naturally be off limits to CC permit holders.

But the carrying of concealed weapons by permit holders in the outdoor venue of the park during the fair is specifically addressed under Title 21, subsection 1277 B. 4. as being permitted under State law.

So would you please clarify the parks rules.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom