Tulsa State Fair - No Concealed Carry in any building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, meaning any building, outhouse or campground that a City Government operates (where the city offices are) whether the city owns or leases that space. This does not mean if the city owns it and leases it out to some other entity for them to do business. Leased, as in the city does NOT own it and had to lease it, not that the city has leased it out. When we get our terminology straight and read it all in context it is very clear. The buildings at the fairgrounds are not subject to this rule in any way shape or form because there are no City offices full of City officials doing daily business with the public at the fairgrounds.I think the fairgrounds are owned by the county, if you wanna get technical, but same rules apply. hehe

Except the Expo Square business and security offices, which are set up specifically to do business with the public. Also, as I stated previously, the fairgrounds was turned over to the City of Tulsa, so they could get their slice of the tax revenues generated there.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A questions for you and other LEO's here. If a person is carrying concealed and doing a good job of it, and not doing anything illegal or doing anything else to attract attention. How would you know as an LEO to conduct a search of any person attending the fair? Could the LEO's at the fair simply conduct random searches? There's a part of me that says I doubt that will, or should, happen. As for the asshat thing. Hey man, that's your call. I personally don't want to be the test case you mentioned...I simply don't have the time and money for it and doubt the NRA or any other 2A rights group would come to your aid.

We would not be doing random searches. We are actively looking for threats. If we observed what appeared to be a poorly concealed weapon, we'd most likely make contact and go from there. We've taken weapons off gang members at the fair in the past, but it's pretty rare. The one I specifically recall was the result of contact with an individual identified as a gang member, based on VGTOF identifying information (which I will not discuss).

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we get our terminology straight and read it all in context it is very clear. The buildings at the fairgrounds are not subject to this rule in any way shape or form ...

You can see by my posts I am in agreement with you, but to be fair, the City begs to differ.

I think our interpretation would prevail in a court case, but as mentioned we need a test case for this. I'm not volunteering, but until then, concealed means concealed :coffee2:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
contact with an individual identified as a gang member, based on VGTOF identifying information (which I will not discuss).

I don't expect you to discuss it, but it's not like throwing up signs or yelling gang slurs or having big ass identifying tattoos on one's neck are inconspicuous :D

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just sent the fair contact email address a polite notice letting them know they will not be receiving any of my families hard earned dollars, and copied my state senator with my feelings that I believe the city is attempting to illegally side step the states strong preemption and prohibition against posting any portion of a designated fairground.

Now what to do during the fair. . . Go to another city or state and spend my hard earned dollars there. No direct revenue or sales tax revenue will be earned from me if at all possible during the fair.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We would not be doing random searches. We are actively looking for threats. If we observed what appeared to be a poorly concealed weapon, we'd most likely make contact and go from there. We've taken weapons off gang members at the fair in the past, but it's pretty rare. The one I specifically recall was the result of contact with an individual identified as a gang member, based on VGTOF identifying information (which I will not discuss).

I had to google.

Latest posts

Top Bottom