Tulsa State Fair - No Concealed Carry in any building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;

Complete reading and comprehension is very important.

Boy if that's the case sounds like you'll have to pee in the bushes next time you go to a local park. Written by lawyers for lawyers to profit.

walther

New to the site!
Reaction score
9/27/12 Hi to all. I just attended the Tulsa State Fair last night and conceal carried my Walther PPQ 9mm. I didnt see any no carry signs at all, and I was looking. Also no wands or checks anywhere. The Fair webpage says no concealed guns but if you are a responsible carrier and have it well concealed no one will even know or bother you. There was very little police presence around and I get the feeling you probably would not be bothered if you do carry the legal way and have it not visible. I debated over and over whether to keep my gun in the truck and risk theft, or just carry the darn thing and not worry. I chose to carry. Again, it is only us law abiding citizens who worry about things like this. I can guarantee you that the thugs and gang members will be armed. I am not going to take any chances on getting robbed or beat up going to my truck in the dark. I am just too old to fight and I don't want to fight fair. Best of luck to all.

Rshep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screw their stupid signs they are not going to stop any ccers with an ounce of common sense

reading this thread it sounds like they are going to stop a lot of people. As for me I'm undecided. I have to conceal a full size m&p 9 so my task of being completely concealed is a little more tedious. Would love to take my gun with me and I think I did last year but I'll be honest I've read this whole thread and I'm just as confused, if not more, than when I started.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im of the *opinion that just like a few floors of Tulsa's new city hall, the fairgrounds is NOT covered by Title 21 1277 A-1.

When a gov't entity contracts out commercial real estate business ( due to the fact that no gov't entities should be in the commercial real estate business) they in fact forfeit certain ownership rights; I.E. the ability to deny access to said properties for those with firearms.

Anyone of us can go lease out the QT center, the BOK center, or a picnic shelter and carry all the guns we want, because during the period of agreement set forth in the terms of the lease (for example Sept. 27 - Oct-6) we are the business owner of the afformentioned slice of real estate.

Title 21 1290.22 A.
Except as provided in subsection B of this section, nothing contained in any provision of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1 et seq. of this title, shall be construed to limit, restrict or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of any person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity to control the possession of weapons on any property owned or controlled by the person or business entity.

Now as to the buildings that are on the fairgrounds. Neither the City of Tulsa, nor Tulsa County are business owners conducting business with the public during the period of the Tulsa State Fair, but Jerry Murphy does. He is the business owner for the duration of his lease.

The fair, ladies and gentlemen, is not a public/governmental endeavor. Its a private business venture. Not any different than a gunshow, a boat/rv show, or concert.

Jerry Murphy has sole discretion as to whether firearms are permitted on his property during his lease of fair ground structures. Title 1290.22 A gives him that right

Also, Like Jerry (GTG) mentioned above, the Fairgrounds business office in front of the QT center left of the Golden Driller still remains an office space where government employees conduct business with the public. This office is considered a seperate structure than the rest of the QT center since the only public access & exit points are through the front door. This space IS "off-limits" for firearms.

Nevertheless, I personally have no authority as an SDA instructor to tell a grown adult when/where they will carry, adults have free will.

CONCEALED means CONCEALED!

Maintain due dilligence to ensure this and there will be no reason for any search.

Now as to the punishment if someone is caught with a CCW permitted firearm. Worst case scenario, cited for Tresspassing, best case, asked to leave the property.

*This post is my interpretation and in no way reflects the discretion of any LEO's.

walther

New to the site!
Reaction score
I was there Sunday and CC my main and backup. In fact had several funny conversations with Sheriffs who were having fun dealing with drunks.

I am like you I also talked to the deputies and I was carrying. I had the feeling that it really did not matter much as long as your gun was well concealed. I was worried at first and then I just relaxed and went about my business. I believe that if you are stupid and you flash your gun and act like a cowboy then you might just get into some trouble. But as a responsible gun owner with a well concealed weapon I see no problems. Also it would be real dumb to ride any rides carrying a gun, can you imagine it falling into the crowd and all of the politically correct folks having death throes and seizures. You might even become famous and make the news? Good Luck to you all, and just be responsible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom