Tulsa woman shoots in self defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s amusing how rights have to be explained to some people, like the right of self defense. Furthermore, the legal principle that acts of violence and the threat of violence are, from a victim’s perspective, essentially the same thing. If a perpetrator says, “I’m gonna kill you,” you have no choice but to believe them and treat them as if they’re serious, assuming you want to live.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s amusing how rights have to be explained to some people, like the right of self defense. Furthermore, the legal principle that acts of violence and the threat of violence are, from a victim’s perspective, essentially the same thing. If a perpetrator says, “I’m gonna kill you,” you have no choice but to believe them and treat them as if they’re serious, assuming you want to live.

They don't even have to say the words. If you came at me intending physical harm I will automatically assume you mean to kill me and will respond as such, depending on the situation. Obviously if a 90 lb woman came at me with bare fists I wouldn't take that assumption right off the bat. But some roided out muscle guy that has 100 lbs on me and probably about 6 inches taller? I'm not taking the chance.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't even have to say the words. If you came at me intending physical harm I will automatically assume you mean to kill me and will respond as such, depending on the situation. Obviously if a 90 lb woman came at me with bare fists I wouldn't take that assumption right off the bat. But some roided out muscle guy that has 100 lbs on me and probably about 6 inches taller? I'm not taking the chance.

I wonder how many feminists would be pissed if such assumptions were applied equally, regardless of gender or size. After all, if you’d shoot a 300lb man who’s 6 inches taller than you for threatening you, then to NOT shoot a 90lb woman who’s 6 inches shorter makes you a sexist right? Where women and defending myself are concerned, I think my mother taught me a fair compromise. “If she’s armed, treat her as you would anyone else. If it’s just her hands and feet, defend yourself after she makes you bloody, then beat that b*tches a$$ like she deserves. If you can hit like a man, you can be hit like a man.”

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how many feminists would be pissed if such assumptions were applied equally, regardless of gender or size. After all, if you’d shoot a 300lb man who’s 6 inches taller than you for threatening you, then to NOT shoot a 90lb woman who’s 6 inches shorter makes you a sexist right? Where women and defending myself are concerned, I think my mother taught me a fair compromise. “If she’s armed, treat her as you would anyone else. If it’s just her hands and feet, defend yourself after she makes you bloody, then beat that b*tches a$$ like she deserves. If you can hit like a man, you can be hit like a man.”

Funny, my mom taught me the same thing! But yeah, as soon as she picks up a weapon she is now my equal no matter what her size. I'm just saying I wouldn't draw down on a woman who was unarmed if she posed less of a physical threat than myself.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The police rarely prevent crimes and usually only deal with the aftermath-that ladies and gentlemen, is why a person has to be armed. During an actual crime the police usually aren't on scene-they'll be there later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom